Which Hot Toys 1/ figure is least likely to depreciate?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hennypenny

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since I started collecting Hot Toys 1/6 figures, I've noticed the prices on some have plummeted and others have kept their value. I used to regard Hot Toys figures as an investment, like a lot of my old German tin plate toys. I have been very selective in what I bought, but for whatever reason, Hot Toys are not good investments. I think Babydoll is the least likely to depreciate in my opinion, as they are unlikely to make a version 2.0, and she is beautiful with loads of accessories.

Last edited:
Toys are not good investments.

That's the only relevant part of this post. The rest of it is the same rehashed BS seen over and over again on these boards from people who are sure they're going to make bank from their Hot Toys.

Toys aren't a freaking investment.

Collect them because you like them and you'll never go wrong. Sick of hearing words like "depreciate" and "devalue" in regards to these things. It's stupid.

That's the only relevant part of this post. The rest of it is the same rehashed BS seen over and over again on these boards from people who are sure they're going to make bank from their Hot Toys.

Toys aren't a freaking investment.

Collect them because you like them and you'll never go wrong. Sick of hearing words like "depreciate" and "devalue" in regards to these things. It's stupid.
Not all toys depreciate. Some of my old Corgi toys from the 60s are now worth over £400. The same goes for some of my transformers and tin plate toys, such as the Arnold Mac 700.

Not all toys depreciate. Some of my old Corgi toys from the 60s are now worth over £400. The same goes for some of my transformers and tin plate toys, such as the Arnold Mac 700.

I think you are missing the point!

If you want to make money with toys, start a shop. If you think of collecting as an investment, you're in the wrong hobby. You'll be better off with classic cars, for example.

Saw the topic and... didn't read.

didn-t-read-lol-o.gif

40 years from now no one is gonna give a hoot about Hot Toys dolls. :lecture

The only way to consider Hot Toys as an investment would be to buy shares in the company, buying thier toys as an investment is stupid and practicly guarenteed to make you a healthy loss, go play the stock market for your invesments and leave the toy collecters in peace to enjoy thier hobby.

40 years from now no one is gonna give a hoot about Hot Toys dolls. :lecture
I'm not sure you can say that. Just look at some of the vintage GI Joe action figures.
They are still people who buy Hot Toys figures thinking they are good investments. The best advice is to buy figures because you enjoy them, and not to keep them boxed up in the attic. You might as well put your money in the bank and earn interest.

GIJoe is still collected because people played with them as kids. They have the nostalgic factor. And because people played with them the figures and accessories were ripped from packages and got worn and lost. Making the product that remains scarce today.

Kids aren't playing with a $200 Hot Toys Captain America figure in the sandbox today. Adult collectors put them on the shelf on leave them in their shippers.

Back