Which Hot Toy Predator should i get?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Errr...why bump a thread like this? Chances are he made his decision and is now composing the ''which Iron Man should I get'' thread.

Any truth to whether they're re-releasing the original Predator from the 1st movie that comes with all the bone trophies/necklaces that the Classic from Predators didn't?

I'd go and find an original predator mms90. The classic looks similar yes, but why go and buy it for its similarity when there is a perfectly scultped original pred out there for you to snap up? I've seen many on ebay recently too going for good prices so become the predator and begin your hunt...

You say so yourself that you're not the biggest Predator/ AvP fan, so my suggestion is to not get one at all.

Hear me out...

There's no template for the "be-all-end-all" of sci-fi 1/6th scale collections. Get what appeals to you. Don't think of it as an omission. Your collection is not any less complete without it, because it is YOUR collection. Don't collect for collection's sake, and don't collect what you think you SHOULD have or what others expect of you. You'll only be stuck with a collection that is impressive in size, with little in the way of value to you.

My advice is to save the money for something near and dear to your heart.

You say so yourself that you're not the biggest Predator/ AvP fan, so my suggestion is to not get one at all.

Hear me out...

There's no template for the "be-all-end-all" of sci-fi 1/6th scale collections. Get what appeals to you. Don't think of it as an omission. Your collection is not any less complete without it, because it is YOUR collection. Don't collect for collection's sake, and don't collect what you think you SHOULD have or what others expect of you. You'll only be stuck with a collection that is impressive in size, with little in the way of value to you.

My advice is to save the money for something near and dear to your heart.

This is good advice, that I will definitely use

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

for me personaly i like theme all kind of Preds HT and Narin ..
the best thing is you whats all pred movies and find your best....

that problem with the missing trophy will not longer be if you buy my upgrade parts. Specialy the beads . the ht 2010 has only 2 beads if you like more movie accurate i sell as a set :=)
take a look here and find out what you need.https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133240

I picked the City Hunter as my first Predator. I, like you, am more of a fan of the first two movies. I felt like City Hunter was visually more interesting than "Classic" and had more gimmicks and extras.

I also love the green eyes, and the amputated arm!

But it's like an extra $100 almost. If you're not in any rush for one, I'd wait because HT will probably make a 2nd version. Might take a while but they did announce it.

Nah, it's the same price. It shipped like early 2013... don't know why they would do a new one that quickly.

^^^ I was referring to the extra accessories/trophies, etc being $100 extra on top of the Classic Predator from Predators for $200 or more. They announced more figures from the Predator line, including the original 87 Predator movie, so there's a good chance they will make a 2.0 version of the original Predator, which is the one I'm waiting for, however long it may be. I'm in no rush for one, and classic (not the Predators one) has always been my favorite.

Ooooh. Yeah I thought you meant the CH.
Yeah the Classic is just bland IMO. Not worth the cost :D

Does the original MMS90 hold up compared to the newer Predator releases from Hot Toys?

I'm mainly interested in getting Classic Predator that was featured in the Arnold movie but I was curious if Hot Toys made a lot of advances in the quality of the figure. For example, the Robocop ED209 and Alien figures were markedly improved and fixed major deterioration flaws between releases.

I've been collecting Hot Toys since 2014 but this is my first foray into the Predator line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the original MMS90 hold up compared to the newer Predator releases from Hot Toys?
there are some parts that are much better than newer ones, like the headsculpt, gauntlets sculpt or actually functional medpack. everything else is very outdated, including proportions and paint.
also it featured accurate shape of P1 palm, which i didn't see anymore since. but that's because HT never made it since. (i doubt they'd touch that detail today though - or even know about it)

fingers_differ_movie.jpgfingers_differ_HT.jpg

It doesn't. Even it's the only Jungle Hunter 1/6 figure from Hot Toys. The only thing good about it is being pose-able and looks kinda OK for in-the-box-only display.

MMS162 is a better figure. Even it needs upgrade kits to be "the Jungle Hunter" but it's still great action figure on its own... kinda.

Back