Which Godzilla version would you want Sideshow to make if they had the license?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr2red

Super Freak
Reaction score
I would be the happiest person if Sideshow made Godzilla 1/6 and PF's.

Which version would you choose for the first one if they had the license?

tinister said:
Godzilla 1964! :)

I found this list on a forum and was freaked out by how many different versions there are.

Shodai-Goji (First-Generation-Goji) - "Gojira" (1954)
Gyakushu-Goji (Counterattack-Goji) - "Godzilla Raids Again" (1955)
Kingu-Goji - "King Kong vs. Godzilla" (1962)
Mosu-Goji - "Godzilla vs. Mothra" (1964), "Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster" (1964) (modified head in "Ghidorah")
Daisen-Goji (War-Goji) - "Monster Zero" (1965), "Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster" (1966)
Musuko-Goji (Son-Goji) - "Son of Godzilla" (1967)
Soshingeki-Goji (Attack-Goji) - "Destroy All Monsters" (1968), "Godzilla's Revenge" (1969), "Godzilla vs. Hedorah" (1971), "Godzilla vs. Gigan" (1972)
Megaro-Goji - "Godzilla vs. Megalon" (1973), "Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla" (1974), "Terror of MechaGodzilla" (1975) (modified head in 1974 and 1975)
84-Goji - "Godzilla 1984"
Bio-Goji - "Godzilla vs. Biollante" (1989)
Gido-Goji - "Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah" (1991)
Bato-Goji - "Godzilla and Mothra: The Battle for Earth" (1992)
Rado-Goji - "Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla II" (1993)
Moge-Goji - "Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla" (1994)
Desu-Goji - "Godzilla vs. Destroyah" (1995)
Mire-Goji - "Godzilla 2000" (1999)
Gira-Goji - "Godzilla x Megagirus: The G Eradication Operation" (2000)
Soukougeki-Goji (GMK-Goji) - "Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: All-Out Giant Monsters Attack" (2001)
Kiryu-Goji - "Godzilla x MechaGodzilla" (2002)
Kiryu-Mosu-Goji - "Godzilla, Mothra, MechaGodzilla: Tokyo S.O.S." (2003)
Final-Goji - "Godzilla: Final Wars" (2004)

Oh, yeah :)

I discovered early that if you start collecting Godzilla figures - best to focus on one movie or costume design.

I like 1964 best. Then 1972. Then 2000.

BTW: Did you know that there will be a line of Godzilla figures that will be - get this - 4 feet tall? I saw pics a long time ago.

I will try to find those again. They will be soft vinyl figures - but HUGE!

There are only 2 years of Godzilla design that I like enough to spend bigger money on, 1954 and 1985, when I saw Bandai made a figure of his 85 appearance for the 40th anniversary box set and I found a single one on eBay, I knew I would pay whatever he cost to get it, and I won :)

1954 is a must, but there's a special place in my heart for 2000.

It'll never happen though, Godzilla was never in Star Wars. :monkey1

MaulFan said:
There are only 2 years of Godzilla design that I like enough to spend bigger money on, 1954 and 1985, when I saw Bandai made a figure of his 85 appearance for the 40th anniversary box set and I found a single one on eBay, I knew I would pay whatever he cost to get it, and I won :)

Do you have any pictures?

Thanks

All of them.

Man this would be a dream come true for me. I would love to see some godzilla statues from sideshow. I doubt this will every happen though.

I'm not sure if Sideshow could even get this license, the only American items I'm aware of are the American Greetings Ornaments, as far as originals. Bandai America has offerings here, but Bandai has always been a big Godzilla licensee, and X-Plus USA has had offerings but I think they too have roots overseas, so maybe at best, Sideshow would be like an American distributor as with the Medicom and Hot Toys products.

Definitely '54, and maybe '85... I remember seeing that one in the theater! Very cool, especially that the big ship they used to defeat Godzilla was the SuperX, also the name of a chain of Drugstores :rotfl

And on a side note, I loved it when TBS used to run Godzilla marathons on the weekends... always fun to watch Godzilla duke it out with random monsters!!!

i had this one when i was young...:rock

godzilla.jpg

Always been a big fan of these two.

From Godzilla vs Mothra 1964 - Widely regarded by many fans as the best G - suit.
saka190.jpg

And this G - suit from Godzilla vs Space Godzilla

saka200.jpg

not sure why SS would get Godzilla license, there are already so many great Godzilla products out there. Unless SS wants to create the humans in the Godzilla movies, which, I dont think anyone really cares to have IMO. SS can still import Godzilla, though.

I'm going to have to challenge, this suit:
saka200.jpg

Isn't from Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla. This suit was used for Godzilla vs. Biollante and Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, then they changed the spikes a little on the back where they feed into the neck for Godzilla and Mothra Battle for Earth, Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla 2, and Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla, then the spikes were changed back more like the style of the image above for Godzilla vs. Destroyah.

G 1964 Rocks!

On a side topic. It would be awesome to get a 1/6 Jet Jaguar along the same level of quality as the Medicom RAH Ultraman line.

That was be nice!

MaulFan said:
I'm going to have to challenge, this suit:
saka200.jpg

Isn't from Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla. This suit was used for Godzilla vs. Biollante and Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, then they changed the spikes a little on the back where they feed into the neck for Godzilla and Mothra Battle for Earth, Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla 2, and Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla, then the spikes were changed back more like the style of the image above for Godzilla vs. Destroyah.

Yes your right. Good call.

I tried to to recall this just from memory and all I could picture was the big G walking on the beach in Space Godzilla when they give an excellent side view shot. Should have known better as I knew that I loved the Biollante suit. But it has been probably 10 years since I have seen that film.

here is a good site for some suit info.

https://www.historyvortex.org/GodzillaEvolution2.html

Back