Which Cobra Commander do you want most?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fred VII was Cobra Commander for quite a number of issues, including the famous "Cobra Civil War" involving Serpentor. He eventually was one of the Cobra "traitors" buried in a land-locked freighter under a volcano once the real Cobra Commander returned.

*whew* that was long....that figure of the '88 Cobra Commander with orange hair is Fred VII from one of Hasbro's G.I. Joe Comic Packs.

Thanks for the history! Much appreciated. May I ask, who were the other buried traitors, and what became of them?

Thanks for the history! Much appreciated. May I ask, who were the other buried traitors, and what became of them?

Most of the cobras high command were there if I remember correctly and a lot of soldiers...Mindbender, Zartan, firefly,serpentor,his son billy,fred the impostor,raptor...

Only Zartan and Billy escape.And later in devils due comics ..We learned that firefly escaped from death too.

Most of the cobras high command were there if I remember correctly and a lot of soldiers...Mindbender, Zartan, firefly,serpentor,his son billy,fred the impostor,raptor...

Only Zartan and Billy escape.And later in devils due comics ..We learned that firefly escaped from death too.

Shai got all of the big names for you. The only other one I can remember off of that list is the original Croc Master.

Actually it was still the Marvel run when Firefly was revealed to have escaped. He actually re-programmed some deactivated/half-destroyed BATs from the Cobra Civil War to dig him out. There's a funny scene with Firefly laying around while the BATs are digging for him. He actually hid from the rest of the "traitors" in order to do this.

Cobra Commander also had all the food that was in the freighter poisoned so most of the people in there died from that. Either that or the food in there was so old that it poisoned those that ate it...I don't remember.

This is one of Cobra Commander's most memorable acts in the comics.

Croc Master was one of my very favorite figures as a kid:rock
ind-crocmaster.jpg

And, and wonderful history lesson there Bardoon!

And, and wonderful history lesson there Bardoon!

Thank you, this is one area of expertise I can cover well. I've been a huge fan of GI Joe since I can remember and I've read the entire Marvel run as well as most of the Devil's Due stuff. I LOVE the G.I. Joe comics as they were the best "toy" comic ever in my opinion.

I'm still getting America's Elite! :monkey1

Thank you, this is one area of expertise I can cover well. I've been a huge fan of GI Joe since I can remember and I've read the entire Marvel run as well as most of the Devil's Due stuff. I LOVE the G.I. Joe comics as they were the best "toy" comic ever in my opinion.

Your knowledge and expertise in this area will be greatly appreciated from time to time here I am sure.

I think this line is gonna spark interest in the GIJOE mythos many may not be familiar with.

Bardoon=resident Joe expert.

A custom from loooong ago. I kind of miss him, but I can't wait to get Sideshow's!!

cobra1zb2.jpg

cobra2bo7.jpg

I remember that! I was actually not too long ago thinking about making my own, but then the Joker came in to the picture, and I forgot about it. Much easier to just buy Sideshow's now, which I'm sure will be tons better than anything I could have come up with.

Has part 7 of WW3 came out yet?

I hope they get tot finish WW3 before they get the licanse pulled.

Did you hear that Hasbro is looking into pulling the license from Devil's Due??

Has part 7 of WW3 came out yet?

I hope they get tot finish WW3 before they get the licanse pulled.

Did you hear that Hasbro is looking into pulling the license from Devil's Due??

Part issue 31 came out last month, issue 32 part 8 came out this week. All that was announced in regards to the license for the comics was that it would be up for grabs in 2008, I guess to Hasbro since a movie is on its way and G.I Joe is back on the shelves again with the 25th aniversary line now is the time to shop around for more money for the rights. Nothing new has come since this report first came out, and really the only likley candidates to take the licesne would be either Devils Due retaining it, IDW who currently have the TF rights or maybe Marvel who are now once again doing licensed properties in comics. And well they had the rights before so why not.

Back