Which Cobra Commander do you want most?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd prefer a fully revealed face. The Hasbro attempt was OK since he was almost fully revealed, but at a high quality scale like this, we shouldn't have any sculpted cloth maskes, even bandanna masks.

I don't consider the G.I. Joe movie cannon at all. Cobra commander was never some white alien, you could see he was just caucassian when he wore the hood.

What? Nobody wants this version?:D

2ytny4k.jpg

I'd say Helmet first, followed close by hood.

But I hope they just have a swappable for the first figure. Wouldn't be too hard and would totally rock ass :rock

I just hope we get a preview tomorrow. I don't think I can't wait till Toy Fair to see him. Even if we could just see a sill...sillho... outline of him so we can tell if it is the hooded or helmeted version.

Not knowing how starwarsian the Joe fans are, I ask this is pure ignorance - would it make a difference if they had the dark blue suit or the light blue suit, but included both a hood and a helmet of the whatever color the outfit is? Are they really that different?

Not knowing how starwarsian the Joe fans are, I ask this is pure ignorance - would it make a difference if they had the dark blue suit or the light blue suit, but included both a hood and a helmet of the whatever color the outfit is? Are they really that different?

Not really. The original Hasbro figure with the hood had the darker blue outfit that matched the hood. BUT, in the cartoon he had the lighter blue outfit and wore both the helmet and DARK blue hood. So, if Sideshow was only going to release one figure with both masks, it should be the light blue outfit.

Why Dave? Do you know something we don't? :monkey3

I prefer the masked version. But I do think he should come with both. I don't think Cobra Commander should have a messed up face. I don't think he hides it because he's deformed. I think he hides it because he's a bad-muthafraggin terrorist sonuvabiotch who would gladly shoot you in the face then take your mom out on a date while he buries his son and all the jerk-offs who annoyed him.

I like the Bradstreet CC, but I really want a classssssic commander.

I prefer the masked version. But I do think he should come with both. I don't think Cobra Commander should have a messed up face. I don't think he hides it because he's deformed. I think he hides it because he's a bad-muthafraggin terrorist sonuvabiotch who would gladly shoot you in the face then take your mom out on a date while he buries his son and all the jerk-offs who annoyed him.

I like the Bradstreet CC, but I really want a classssssic commander.

I 100% agree, but I wouldn't mind if he was scared up a bit either. I think him being a terrorist is the real reason he hides behind a mask. If noboy knows what he really looks like, it is a lot harder to capture him. Plus he could live a 'normal' life (not always on the run like Bin Laden).

I 100% agree, but I wouldn't mind if he was scared up a bit either. I think him being a terrorist is the real reason he hides behind a mask. If noboy knows what he really looks like, it is a lot harder to capture him. Plus he could live a 'normal' life (not always on the run like Bin Laden).

I agree, that's how it was in the comic. But do you really want to take off the hood and just see some generic white guy under there?
Maybe this guy:
Gordon_150x200.jpg
:monkey3

Last edited:
I have always liked the hooded CC best, but I would be down for the helmeted version too.

But like has been mention they are near identical, minus slight color difference, so SS could offer it with both a hooded and helmeted head. Kind of like Leia Boush.

Either way I cant wait till we get a kick as 1/6 CC:rock

I have always liked the hooded CC best, but I would be down for the helmeted version too.

But like has been mention they are near identical, minus slight color difference, so SS could offer it with both a hooded and helmeted head. Kind of like Leia Boush.

I never liked the darker outfit on the figures since it wasn't show accurate. I hope Sideshow goes more off of sources (Tv/comic) than Hasbro's toys.

The real question on this line is how unmasked faces will be handled. At this scale and quality, sculpted on cloth masks are not acceptable. This applies to Snake Eyes and StormShadow as well. I could accept a sculpted on Destro mask though.

I agree, that's how it was in the comic. But do you really want to take off the hood and just see some generic white guy under there?
Maybe this guy:
Gordon_150x200.jpg
:monkey3

I still can't belive that is who they cast. I just hope he ends up like Heath Ledgers Joker and just blows us away because he wasn't what anyone was expecting.

For a figure, a messed up, scared guy would look better then a generic guy, but who knows what Sideshow will do?

No scar for me..leave this to snake eyes.And I think his outfit should be made in a darker blue to be more realistic.I dont want those figures to look like toys (even if they are).

Exactly!!!!! :rock:rock

Not really. The original Hasbro figure with the hood had the darker blue outfit that matched the hood. BUT, in the cartoon he had the lighter blue outfit and wore both the helmet and DARK blue hood. So, if Sideshow was only going to release one figure with both masks, it should be the light blue outfit.

Why Dave? Do you know something we don't? :monkey3

I prefer it just like the figures: light blue helmet, dark blue hood. If I had to pick up, light blue.

#1 with additional #2 mask. He had the lighter suit with the darker hooded mask in the cartoon. I'll get any Cobra Commander figure so it doesn't matter to me.

This gets my vote...

I want something like this
GI_Joe_Cobra-1-Poster.jpg

I'm sure SS won't do any mismatching hood & uniform. Light blue = :yuck I want these to look more realistic and not slavish to the 80s designs. Judging by the SS advert that's the way they're going. Hopefully they'll include an interchangeable metal mask head an have 1 definitive CC.

Back