Which Batmobile is the coolest?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Batmobile is the coolest?

• 1966 Batman TV Series Lincoln Futura

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • 1989 Batman Impala

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • 1992 Batman:The Animated Series

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • 1995 Batman Forever

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • 1997 Batman & Robin

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 2005 Batman Begins Tumbler

Votes: 18 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You need to come back DD.

Anyway.

Kewlest: Adam West Batmobile
Best: 89 Batman Batmobile
Realistic: Tumbler

FOr me, it's the '89 Batmobile all the way. The Tumbler grew on me though, particularly after buying the Hot Toys one. however, there's something special about the design of '89's that sets it apart. It looks sexy but also muscled enough to cause some damage. Never understood what that nipple/teat shaped thing was that jutted out the front of the car?!

That was the Jet engine intake, and the single exhaust in the back was the jet exhaust. George Barris said that that design element didn't make any sense, since then the jet engine would be going right through where the people would sit. It wouldn't work. Other than that, he said it did look menacing and impressive. The 1989 Batmobile was a dark pearl silver, while the Batman Returns Batmobile was gloss black.

For me it's the 1966 George Barris Batmobile followed by the 1989 Batmobile, followed by the Super Powers or the 1970's cartoon Batmobile. The Tumbler is ok, but it lacks grace, and frankly, as a super hero, I doubt that Batman would ever have intentionally caused that much destruction of property while driving as he did in Batman Begins.

The Burton BatMobile is still my favorite of all time. That scene where the gatling guns popped up from the side and shot the gate down will be etched in my memory forever! I love that car. It's the sexiest thing alive.

Who voted for Batman and Robin? I can't remember, was it me lol? Because i could have, may have, and would have i think, i always liked that car as a kid. I know i know, dont say it :p Although original for me, 1989 style, or i'd have to say the batpod, although i know it's not a mobile :p

Who voted for Batman and Robin? I can't remember, was it me lol? Because i could have, may have, and would have i think, i always liked that car as a kid. I know i know, dont say it :p Although original for me, 1989 style, or i'd have to say the batpod, although i know it's not a mobile :p

Strange to think the guy who created the alien concept/final design would have designed a Batmobile, HR Giger. That guy creeps me out with the obsession of freaky rib cages. Or was it him...

Guess not.

Batman Forever Missed Out On HR Giger's Alien Batmobile
In 1994, Alien concept designer HR Giger was asked to design a Batmobile for Batman Forever. His spindly, pincer-like design is an oddly organic take on Batman's tech, but still an improvement over the neon-lit monstrosity that was ultimately chosen.

It's gotta be the Tumbler - I hope they make a new Tumbler for the next installment. The Batman Forever and B&R Batmobiles were comical and absurd just like the movies. The impala would be cool if Batman were starring in Smokey and the Bandit or Dukes of Hazard but no, he's a badass crime-fighter who uses brute force to pummel his foes into submission; what Batmobile says that other than the Tumbler?

I loved the 89 Corvette, I love the Tumbler... alot.. but can any single one of you out there seriously think there has EVER been a cooler car than this...

batmobile.jpg

I DON'T THINK SO PEOPLE!

I have spoken... let it rest!

I'd say the Batman Animted Series Batmobile (not the New Batman adventures crap)

followed by:
Tumbler
Tie between Forever and 89

At one time he drove nearly a stock early 70's Corvette as the Batmobile.

I am aware he has driven sports cars in previous incarnations -- but I prefer the reality of the Tumbler. It is a combat vehicle wth stealth capability -- and is comparable to Batman himself in that regard. It is exactly what Batman would need.

The Adam West rendition is just goofy ... no top, really? The 89 version was the coolest to date -- but still lacked the reality of what Batman would drive. It seemed to sacrifice armament for appearance and speed ... which wouldn't make much sense in Batman's line of work.

Tumbler, easy.

SnakeDoc

Overall I think the Tumbler makes the most sense as a Batmobile. It's just the kind of thing a modern Batman would need. As far as looks, I love the 89, and I'll always love the 66 because I loved Adam West Batman growing up.

Toss up for me. Love the Tumbler and the '89 Batmobile both. Now with Nolan & Co. officially jumping into the third film, you know we're going to see an all new Batmobile. May be this one will actually have more of the Bat motif but I expect we'll get a realistic armored machine that's a bit faster (with Batman being hunted by the cops and all). Cannot wait!

Toss up for me. Love the Tumbler and the '89 Batmobile both. Now with Nolan & Co. officially jumping into the third film, you know we're going to see an all new Batmobile. May be this one will actually have more of the Bat motif but I expect we'll get a realistic armored machine that's a bit faster (with Batman being hunted by the cops and all). Cannot wait!

Since when is Batman 3 officially underway?

Back