Which Batmobile is the coolest?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Batmobile is the coolest?

• 1966 Batman TV Series Lincoln Futura

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • 1989 Batman Impala

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • 1992 Batman:The Animated Series

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • 1995 Batman Forever

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • 1997 Batman & Robin

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 2005 Batman Begins Tumbler

Votes: 18 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love the '89 Batmobile so much, I have the, I don't know the scale, it's about a foot long, die cast of it in my trio of favorite hollywood cars, along with KITT from Knight Rider and, it's a real car that made movie appearance, '67 Shelby Mustang GT 500.

For me, the original Batmobile has a lot of nostalgia power to it, I grew up watching Adam West Batman reruns, and though I was a child, I had a crush on original Catwoman Julie Newmar. Nothing beats a show with "POW" "BIFF" and "BAM" blocking out out all of the hits in a fight so you don't see them missing, not to mention the uncanny ability of Batmand and Robin to magically pull out any Bat___ gadget or item from seemingly thin air to fit any necessity, and let's not forget one of the coolest closing voice overs in TV, Same Bat time! Same Bat channel!

Futura, all the way. Sleek, simple and beautiful.

Look at all the people buying replicas of it, it's just a car that makes people happy. :chew
Don't believe me? If you ever get a chance to ride in one-or sit in the car driving right behind one*-the reactions from people are just wonderful, and that goes from little children to great-grandparents.

*thereby catching the reactions of all the people that took a few seconds to realize what just drove past. "Wait a second!! That was a...."

:cool:

joker-car.jpg

:cool:

For me it's a tie between the Futura and the Furst. I grew up with the Futura(even got to sit in it once!), but you gotta love a car that carries twin cowl-mounted Brownings(talk about wish fulfillment!).The Tumbler comes in 3rd, for much the same reason...PS

As far as picking up the chicks it's the 1989 Michale Keaton Impala would be the one. But my pick would be the 1966 Lincoln follow close by the Bale' Tumbler.

Do you guys think it's possible that for the third Nolan film, they'll introduce the sleek, sporty batmobile? Maybe because the tumbler was totaled in the 2d film, lucius fox would introduce bruce wayne to something new.

I personally love the Tumbler. It's so much more intimidating. I like the sheer contrast in character: Bruce Wayne in Lambos, buying hotels... and Batman the ninja who drives a tank.

I love the Tumbler too.And of course in reality Bruce Wayne could have a dozen or so of a vehicle that had served him so well waiting in the wings in case anything happened to the original and this would be a very classy thing for nolan to do.Unfortunately I would imagine he ll come up against more than a little flack from toy manufacturers wanting to sell little Johnny something new.

I missed out on the poll, but I'd choose the Tumbler and the '89 version. I always thought the Batman and Robin car was a POS...really, if someone wanted to kill Batman all they'd have to do is shoot him while he's driving around town. Convertibles are not the most secure vehicles for superheroes...what would happen if he ever rolled it??

FOr me, it's the '89 Batmobile all the way. The Tumbler grew on me though, particularly after buying the Hot Toys one. however, there's something special about the design of '89's that sets it apart. It looks sexy but also muscled enough to cause some damage. Never understood what that nipple/teat shaped thing was that jutted out the front of the car?!

Last edited:
My understandings always been that that was the front of a jet engine,suggesting ultimate power.

I miss Dekadent Dave.Some of his posts used to crack me up.Ca nt we unban him after all this time?

Back