Which 1:1 Scale to Get? R2D2 or C3PO?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which 1:1 Scale to Get? R2D2 or C3PO?

• Total voters
carbo-fation said:
:lol I know that.....but he should get both or none!;)

I'm with you carbo. If you can afford one you can afford two and it is totally pointless and immoral (;)) to get one and not the other.

You must get them both.

R2-D2. He's my favorite little droid. So awesome. And he's the only one that knows the whole story besides Obi-Wan.

r2wv0.jpg

Just amazing. (BTW, that pic is a 3D version of R2 by Mike Verta, which was used for the R2 section of the new Visual Dictionary).

Also, didn't they say that the price point would possibly be around $6,000 for both?

I'd go with R2. I've always liked him more of the two. Just something about a smart ass droid that is funny.

Seems most people are posting R2, but the poll is 50/50. Personally I would get 3PO. I think that he would look cooler in a theater room, almost like he's your butler droid.

Agent0028 said:
Seems most people are posting R2, but the poll is 50/50. Personally I would get 3PO. I think that he would look cooler in a theater room, almost like he's your butler droid.

See, that's my train of thought as well. Sort of like a ticket taker / Matredee. :D

It would depend on the options available for both. Will R2 have a rotating dome, with C3PO have some articulation.

I couldn't make a definitive choice now until those particulars are ironed-out.

I would lean towards C3PO though.

I think most of us have a greater affinity for R2, but the lifesize 3PO would probably be more impressive, in all his shiny glory.

Since the voting only allowed for the two from Star Wars, I'd have to lean towards R2. He seems more iconic to me. If you look beyond the SW line, the terminator full-size looks mighty nice! And you wouldn't have to split between the Laurel and Hardy of the SW universe!

LOTRFan said:

OK....I really wish I had not seen that...

That is THE BEST R2 I have ever seen!
Absolutely incredible! Truly awesome!

I wish I had not clicked on that, because now I will be disappointed when Sideshow's finally comes out...They will NOT be that good! Their model may chirp an bleep, but DAMN! All those little devices and sensors and stuff that he had in there! Damn! I wonder what the romote control looked like!

Back