Which 1:1 Scale to Get? R2D2 or C3PO?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which 1:1 Scale to Get? R2D2 or C3PO?

• Total voters

WetaWork

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been meaning to get something to display right by the entrance to my dedicated Home theater. I'm anticipating a $5-6k expense so I'm starting to save but won't be able to get both R2 and 3PO. If you could only get one, which would you choose?

I'm almost tempted not to get either since in my sick mind, one would seem out of place with out the other. Maybe I should just get a 1:1 T-800 endo instead.

Your thoughts...

You're right, they do go together, but I have a feeling that many people will buy R2 over 3PO if they had to choose one.

Darth Waller said:
You're right, they do go together, but I have a feeling that many people will buy R2 over 3PO if they had to choose one.

I agree, many people love R2 more than 3PO... I do love them both and I wish to get them both...well you just can't separate Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy as you can't separate Threepio and Artoo IMO. I hope the price tag will be 3 to 4 thousand dollars, I really wish to have both the lifesize droids for my collection (my childhood dream and many others dream I guess)... I would even sell my entire Gentle Giant busts collection and Sideshow 12" figure collection to get them If I would have to.:monkey2 No way I'll sell 1:1 Busts or Premium Format Figures.

R2 is just cooler. Part of me wants 3po due to it being bigger, and I like bigger and gawdier stuff, but R2 just has a better design and is so iconic. Not that 3po isn't but characters that say "Star Wars" best in the public eye are Vader and R2.

RoboDad said:
If I could only get one, I would choose 3P0. A taller figure at your theater entrance would look more impressive.

But why are you limiting your choices to just those two characters?

Good question. I've always imagined having an iconic 1:1 character that is "mechanical w/AI" as opposed to a character made of flesh and bone.

What else would you suggest?

RoboDad said:
. A taller figure at your theater entrance would look more impressive.

You have a theater entrance? Nice! My theater entrance is a door that doesn't shut all the way into the living room with a doggy gate so the dog and cats don't fight.

Man I really am amoung the rich here. This is the majors and I am in the minors... heck peewee!

Go with C3PO. He's gold and so big!

Buttmunch said:
I think they will only be sold together as a set and not seperately. If they are seperate, get R2.

If this will be true then I hope they'll make a special price for the duo! They'll surely make a special price anyways I think, If somebody take them both... and free international shipping would be appreciated... maybe I'm asking too much now...

I would get R2-D2. I have no desire for C-3PO. R2-D2 was my favorite charcter from SW growing up and still is one of my favorites.

Has there been any word on when these will be released?

I will be getting both C-3PO and R2 and then I'll be shooting myself for what I could have done with that money. One years tuition for my children at a private High School.

I'm in the Artoo camp, I think that little guy is great and easily pick him over Threepio, no real reason other than I like him more...:lol

I'm getting both, so this doesn't apply to me...but if I were to get only one (Cringes at the thught) I would go with R2...No Question.

I think Sideshow is going to sell them separately, but I'll bet they have a good deal if you buy them both as a set!....and that Flex-Pay option is going to be sweeeeeet!

Back