Whew, What an Obi-Wan day!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agent23 said:
Yea, and I am sure you were able to land the exclusive right...?

Just because I am upset over not getting the exclusive. Almost anyone who knows me on these boards knows I am a bigtime collector.

I think we have a right to be upset. I was trying for close to an hour to get one and was un-successful. If it's not a big deal, then why did the 1,750 sell thru so fast? Because the exclusive is the one everyone wants. Whethere it's for the blaster or whatnot...

I am still getting the regular edition, as I just really like the piece, as I am with Luke and Anakin as well.

Plus the fact that here I am a "real collector" that missed out on the Obi-Wan exclusive while some shark scalper who got one sells it on eBay.

P.S. if you think they are "exactly the same" I tell you what, if you did get the exclusive I will trade you my regular edition for it....

Yes, I did get the exclusive (on all 3 so far) but thats because I'm not an idiot. If they are going to charge the same price for both then of course I am going to try to get the extra "free" item. But if they charged say $10 more for the exclusive then I would probably stick with the regular unless it was something really cool. Also the exclusive sold out so fast because that was the only one the first 1750 people could buy. If there was no exclusive I am sure the first 1750 "regular" figure would have sold just as fast.

0k, so I am an idiot (and everyone like me) because I/We missed the exclusive. Whatever. :cut

Yea, your right it's my fault that the server didn't work while I tried to login to order the exclusive.... :rolleyes: :computer

Yea, no kidding if there was no exclusive the first 1,750 would of sold just as fast. But, there was, and obviously that's the one people want.

I doubt an extra $10 and everyone would of waited for the regular edition, look at past items...

Agent23 said:
0k, so I am an idiot (and everyone like me) because I/We missed the exclusive. Whatever. :cut

Yea, your right it's my fault that the server didn't work while I tried to login to order the exclusive.... :rolleyes: :computer

Yea, no kidding if there was no exclusive the first 1,750 would of sold just as fast. But, there was, and obviously that's the one people want.

I doubt an extra $10 and everyone would of waited for the regular edition, look at past items...

Buddy, I never called anyone an idiot and of course its not your fault that the server didn't work.. I have no idea where you read that in my post. I said that I am going for the exclusive since they are the same price but if I miss the next one then who cares, I will just get the regular figure.. its not that big a deal since it is the same figure.

And sorry for getting in a pissing contest with you, I will stop now. You are intitled to your opinion and so am I and lets just leave it at that. It probably was dumb of me to say all that stuff so sorry to everyone who missed the exclusive and I will keep my dumb opinions to myself from now on and try to be helpful rather than confrintational. And everyone who is all ready selling these on ebay needs to have their orders canceled.

Last edited:
It's naturally going to get worse and worse on these preorder days. I understand that, and what Chicky said makes sense: "Give people a bigger door and more people will try to squeeze through at the same time." But that was not the problem for many of us, who did manage to squeeze through the door, and were then stopped by the bouncer, who said, "The party hasn't started yet." However, we could see over his shoulder that a lot of people were enjoying themselves, yet he told us it wasn't happening and sent us back outside to try and squeeze in again.

Slowness and crowding is to be expected. Many of us, though, waited to log in and the system told us he wasn't up for sale yet and we had to start over. Every time that happened, it took another five to ten minutes until we got back to the same point, where it did the same thing! This happened to me four times before I got winged shadow's direct link. I hope that Sideshow fixes this problem, which apparently many of us experienced, so that after we log in we are actually presented with the opportunity to order. Again, it was not just slowness or time-outs or server error blank pages due to the traffic (which were an expected part of the problem). There was a problem with the log in system itself.

We must be patient and trust that Sideshow is working on it. If they find the problem, it will be fixed or changed before the next preorder.

A few words of advise for anyone feeling bummed because they missed out on the Exclusive Obi-Wan with Grievous' Blaster...........Sideshow will have to release the same exact type of blaster for Arena Padme from AOTC!
:banana :banana :banana :banana
And I thought SSC said they wouldn't do exclusives that would appear with other figures later on.
:thwak

screamingmetal said:
A few words of advise for anyone feeling bummed because they missed out on the Exclusive Obi-Wan with Grievous' Blaster...........Sideshow will have to release the same exact type of blaster for Arena Padme from AOTC!
:banana :banana :banana :banana
And I thought SSC said they wouldn't do exclusives that would appear with other figures later on.
:thwak

I thought Padme used a Stormtrooper blaster (which is different from the Grievous blaster) in the arena battle?

zeiss said:
I thought Padme used a Stormtrooper blaster (which is different from the Grievous blaster) in the arena battle?
I looked it up, it's not a Stormtrooper or a Clone Trooper blaster, but it is a droid blaster. both Grievous' blaster and Padme's blaster are Droid blasters but slightly different. I thought they didn't change at all in between movies, but they did.

I could've sworn they were the same type of blaster, my bad. :eek:

Yep, Grievous has his own unique blaster. I would've sworn it was the same.

Last edited:
Screamingmetal, you gave me quite a scare knowing Sideshow's stance on exclusive accessories (they will not be used again elsewhere). I want me an AOTC Arena Padme!!! The blasters seem quite similar though as I didn't notice a difference either. Then again, Sideshow could release her in an undamaged outfit with her silver blaster instead.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Yeah, they should only make ten of each and release them in 24k solid gold boxes.

Except for the solid gold boxes, that sounds good to me!

Before anybody says that I'm just saying this because I've got everything on order, that's really not true.

I missed on the Exclusive Lurtz which I wanted very badly. The ES on that was 750. I would like a 250 ES even if I missed out. It makes these pieces MUCH more valuable and special.

I've missed on Exclusive Luke, Exclusive Obi-Wan, and Exclusive Lurtz, but I'm all for lowering edition sizes. I don't buy things that have high ES's as a general rule. If they make a bunch of a certain piece, then I just wait to get it for a significant discount on Ebay.

With having a limited idea of how these things work, I would suggest to Sideshow to temporarily lease server time and bandwidth from a company that specializes in such things for high profile preording days. Call it streamline.sideshowtoy.com or sideshowstreamline.com or something like that.

I have no idea if such a company exists, but if one doesn't, I'll start one :rock

I can't imagine Sideshow is the only company who could benefit from such a service.

madden821 said:
Buddy, I never called anyone an idiot and of course its not your fault that the server didn't work.. I have no idea where you read that in my post. I said that I am going for the exclusive since they are the same price but if I miss the next one then who cares, I will just get the regular figure.. its not that big a deal since it is the same figure.

And sorry for getting in a pissing contest with you, I will stop now. You are intitled to your opinion and so am I and lets just leave it at that. It probably was dumb of me to say all that stuff so sorry to everyone who missed the exclusive and I will keep my dumb opinions to myself from now on and try to be helpful rather than confrintational. And everyone who is all ready selling these on ebay needs to have their orders canceled.

It's all good. I just got put off thinking you were insinuating I was an idiot because I missed the exclusive.

I am still bummed about it, but, I am still getting the figure. I just really like it.

Peace. :peace

Chicky,

Any thoughts on releasing more pictures and what the exclusive item is before the pre-order?

The way I see it, your making everyone rush to the site when the pre-order starts to see if they want the exclusive or not. There is no time to decide before hand. We have to try and get in there, see the item and try to decide if we want it and the exclusive. Just a thought.

The only reason I buy through Sideshow's site is because I don't know if these figures will be harder to get than other Sideshow figures. So I pre-order because I really want them. Since the prices are the same for the regular and the exclusive why wouldn't you try for the extra piece?

Didnt get the exclusive this time, tried hard as heck to get through at work (I even stayed out side my lunch time trying to get through). BUT no luck.
:eek:

foolkiller said:
Chicky,

Any thoughts on releasing more pictures and what the exclusive item is before the pre-order?

The way I see it, your making everyone rush to the site when the pre-order starts to see if they want the exclusive or not. There is no time to decide before hand. We have to try and get in there, see the item and try to decide if we want it and the exclusive. Just a thought.

I think this is a good idea as well, I bet a lot of the server traffic is lookie-loos who just want to see the figure and accessories. If people see what the exclusive is before they have to make a mad dash to buy it, they may take the time to consider whether they really want it or not, thus also cutting down on people trying.

fightnow00000copy8py.jpg

foolkiller said:
Chicky,

Actually they did do this. For the PF Lurtz figure pics of the exclusive accessories were put up in the production blog before he went live for preorder.

With Obi-Wan, I saw most if not all of the pics from his order page on the message boards prior to him going live for preorder. Not sure where the Obi pics came from though, maybe links from the affiliate newsletter not sure. But they were posted with a lot of talk about the exclusive accessory probably being the blaster. I saw them here at the Freaks board and over at Statueforum.

I remember someone making this suggestion after the Anakin preorder, and I think it is great to get an early look at the pics.

oxbeard said:
Actually they did do this. For the PF Lurtz figure pics of the exclusive accessories were put up in the production blog before he went live for preorder.

With Obi-Wan, I saw most if not all of the pics from his order page on the message boards prior to him going live for preorder. Not sure where the Obi pics came from though, maybe links from the affiliate newsletter not sure. But they were posted with a lot of talk about the exclusive accessory probably being the blaster. I saw them here at the Freaks board and over at Statueforum.

I remember someone making this suggestion after the Anakin preorder, and I think it is great to get an early look at the pics.

Yeah I saw those too but only just prior to the pre-order. I don't think those were officially released to the public, I could be wrong. Also with Anakin I didn't know what the exclusive was until I ordered it. I still think they could release images "officially" sometime before the pre-order.

After logging in, I stayed in my newsletter page waiting for a link to pop up like it did for the Anakin. After almost an hour I came to this site and used Winged Shadows link. I barely got the exclusive in time.

I feel like an airplane crash survivor; relived but had the crap scared out of me in the process.

I agree with the raising of edition sizes. What's it going to be like when Vader, Stormies, Clones, Maul or either Fett go up?

Seems like those who would be bothered by higher editions are scalpers, speculators and all around sh*tbags who collect for the wrong reasons.
Collect for the love of the property, not to make a buck.

Booyah! said:
Seems like those who would be bothered by higher editions are scalpers, speculators and all around sh*tbags who collect for the wrong reasons.
I'm not necessarily endorsing these sentiments, but it sure did give me a good chuckle. :D

Back