Whew, What an Obi-Wan day!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super Serg said:
Great Suggestion!

Up the edition size!

1750 figures in a world that has 10's of thousands of SW fans is a bit harsh.

Hell, that # of figures in a popular state like NY or Cali is too little! I'm all for
having rare items & low numbers, but this is ridiculous. They're SW dolls for
goodness sake!

If it takes about a week or 2 to sell out of the reg version, it should take at
least a day to eliminate the exclusives. Sold out 1 hour is WAY to much of a
demand. What's the point in that when this is ultimately supposed to be fun?

I'm pretty sure that the only people who'd want the exclusive #'s to be
ridiculously EXTRA low are scalpers / flippers who don't really care about the
product itself.

*ss*

I think a major problem with upping the exclusive edition size is that it will hurt the demand of the regular edition. Right now, people are VERY lucky if they are able to get the exclusive so if it is missed then it really isn't such a big deal to settle for the regular edition. If more exclusives are produced and they are more readily available then it almost makes the exlcusive figure the "regular" are "normal" edition while the regular edition becomes the "inferior" edition that nobody wants.

JohnyBoo said:
You were lucky LOTRSWfan, it took me about 45 to secure one, eventually by phone. It was kinda exciting. I would rather get excitement some other way though. :peace

That was my experience as well. Never sould get past the log in screen, even with the direct link that winged shadows posted. Just thankful I got mine. Thanks for posting Chicky, we know you guys are trying.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I realize that the exclusives are supposed to be limited, but when they sell out in an hour I think they've become a bit too limited. Just my opinion.

Trust me that's not the case. As much talk as we've seen about high the ES for the LOTR items got towards the end I don't think stuff selling out in an hour is a biggie. It just says people want it and your gonna have to try and get it.

It just seems silly to me that we have to fight tooth and nail for a freakin' doll. I'm just thankful the Angel line won't be this way.

TheObsoleteMan said:
It just seems silly to me that we have to fight tooth and nail for a freakin' doll. I'm just thankful the Angel line won't be this way.

X-Files either. Ordering the limited AND exclusive Skinner with an ES of 500 was a snap. :banana :banana :banana

TheObsoleteMan said:

Well, that may be but as the ole saying goes can't have your cake and it it too.

Ultimately, anyone who wanted the regular Anakin or Luke figure could get one easily, with next to no effort. Just had to order it sometime during the first week. It'll be the same with Obi Wan. The availability of the exclusive is not as big an issue as it's made out to be imo - it's a limited exclusive, most of it's perceived worth is in the rareness of it. If you make more of a rare thing, it lessens it for everyone, and so what's the point?

I think people are getting a little too exclusive-crazy with this line. Nobody *needs* the exclusive edition. I realize that this time it was a particularly cool exclusive with the Grievous blaster, so I'd exempt situations like that where it does substantially add to the desireability of the figure, but not getting the Palpatine holo didn't really put anyone out, did it? If you were planning to be a completist for the line, I can see that, but the openers, are you really going to miss that? I missed out on the exclusive Luke, but ultimately I'd probably never pose him with the skiff blaster, I'd just put it in a bin somewhere. I'll be satisfied with my regular edition.

One of these days I'll miss an exclusive I really really wanted, and it'll feel bad, but I'll get through it, because I'm collecting the figures, not the exclusives. The exclusives by and large are a nice bonus.

Good post bluesparrow, I agree with you.

Only thing I think, to make it fair for those that wanted the exclusive and tried like hell to get one, and missed it....the regular edition should be a few dollars less.

If the exclusive Obi-Wan is $49.99 then the regular edition should be $39.99 or $44.99....throw us a bone. It would make ya feel a little better if you missed the exclusive. I am paying the same price for the regular edition where bearest minimum a 5,000 bigger edition size without the G. Grievous blaster.

Even like I said $5.00 or so would be nice...just the point that, hey we missed the excluisve, so we will save a couple dollars on the regular edition.

Everyone sees these exclusives in different ways. For me I intend to display mine, the regular version that is. I bought the exclusives to keep in a box in mint condition, as an investment for my children or grand children or husband if I croak first LOL. They will sit on a shelf but remain in their box. If I miss one, oh well. I almost missed Obi Wan. I really did enjoy yesterday inspite of the drama. The collecting urge in me is strong anyway, this only increases it. I will always go for the exclusives with the assurance that I can get the regular one if all else fails.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Too much demand, not enough supply. Up those exclusive editon sizes, problem solved.

Please don't do that. Lower them if possible.

I agree about the price point. With the 1/4 scale Han there was a $50.00 difference in price between the exclusive and the regular edition. Granted
you had more of a difference than just a small gun. But I think with the exclusives offered so far at least a $3 to $5.00 cost saving on the regular edition would have taken a lot of the frustration away from missing the exclusive.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Yeah, they should only make ten of each and release them in 24k solid gold boxes.
What are you... NUTS?!?!?

10?!?!?

That's WAY too high!!

try... 2!!
(that way they could still go down if it's still too high)

zeiss said:
I think a major problem with upping the exclusive edition size is that it will hurt the demand of the regular edition...
Yeah, since the regular edition is selling out within 3 days to a week, you're
probably right. If the exclusive edition #'s went up a bit, the regular version
would probably just stop selling all together!

...riiiight....
:rolleyes:

*ss*

I actually thought it was kind of fun trying to get the exclusive and after 45 minutes of trying pretty much deciding that I was out of luck and would have to get the regualr... But then the screen poped up and I got it. Any guesses on who will be next? I say its time for Leia or Padme.

and just a note to everyone who is bitching and moaning about not getting the exclusive, you do realize that other than that extra 10 cent piece of plastic the figures are EXACTLY THE SAME. I just can't believe that so many people bet so bent out of shape over a blaster (or whatever the exclusive items are.) I have to think that most of the people who are complaining are the ones who just want to sell it in the first place and know they can get a higher price for the exclusive. Just be happy that we now have good quality 12" figures in the first place.

Last edited:
Yea, and I am sure you were able to land the exclusive right...?

Just because I am upset over not getting the exclusive. Almost anyone who knows me on these boards knows I am a bigtime collector.

I think we have a right to be upset. I was trying for close to an hour to get one and was un-successful. If it's not a big deal, then why did the 1,750 sell thru so fast? Because the exclusive is the one everyone wants. Whethere it's for the blaster or whatnot...

I am still getting the regular edition, as I just really like the piece, as I am with Luke and Anakin as well.

Plus the fact that here I am a "real collector" that missed out on the Obi-Wan exclusive while some shark scalper who got one sells it on eBay.

P.S. if you think they are "exactly the same" I tell you what, if you did get the exclusive I will trade you my regular edition for it....

Back