Action Figure Where's all the 1/6 Leatherface customs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm someone who sees both sides of the argument. I understand collecting for value and for fun so I don't disagree or agree 100% with either point. Everyone who knows me knows I collect a lot of different things for fun. However I collect certain things for value or for the appreciation of a figure as well. For example...I just recently picked up Rainman's DX Taxi Driver set off a fellow member on here and I also scored a Rainman full set a Willy Wonka thanks to a private hookup from Stiff. So again...I see both sides of the coin. :)

Ultimately what people say about any purchase (unless it affects them directly) doesn't matter. Collect for whatever reasons. If you see this as an investment, fine. If you collect for fun, fine... It's the thin skin people have to opinions. I can see the value in what some people pay for items I just wouldn't pay some of those prices. Does that make me right and them wrong? Of course not. It's an opinion based on many factors ie. upbringing, financial responsibilities, etc. The member that posted he spent $1,500 on the NBA film. I'm not offended he spent that much. He shouldn't be offended I don't agree with his purchase. I understand the rarity of it, but I wouldn't buy it. Again, doesn't mean he shouldn't have bought it. I just don't agree. I wouldn't pay $1 for a Picasso. Can't stand his abstract cubism. I might pay a $1 for his earlier pencil work.

I love though how Turbo comes in to make the SAME point as me but at the same time he is knocking me for what I wrote. These long ass responses are just too much for me right now

Hey like I said to each is own, I spent $3500 on a Swiss arms black special rifle and that serves a purpose, I looks nice on the wall, I can take it out hunting or target shooting.....I'm just saying that there will never be a day where I spend $1000-$5000 on a doll that is just gonna sit there and look nice in a cabinet but serves no purpose other than to fill the empty holes of whatever makes one purchase a doll for that kind of money, I would just take a picture of it, cut it out and glue it onto a cardboard stand in 1/6 scale and bingo I just spent 14 cents instead of a what could have been a home renovation, if you got more money than you know what to do with all the power to you, I also think that using ones customs in the same lines as Picasso is a pretty bold statement and I understand you 2 are like Siegfried & Roy but let's be serious here for a min....I don't stick to just hot toys or any mass produced figures I buy what I like and that's what determines what's in my collection, but when it comes down to 1 figure that is limited or a detolf full of awesome characters I don't need to tell you who wins, anyways buy what you want with your money all the power to ya, if a $5000 art doll helps you sleep more or makes you get out of the house and interact with society then spend away

Go find a gun, rifle shooting hunting forum page or whatever then. No one cares about u not wanting to spend decent money on 1/6.

Go find a gun, rifle shooting hunting forum page or whatever then. No one cares about u not wanting to spend decent money on 1/6.

Aww I think you better clean the blood spots you left on the floor from your bleeding tampon, someone gets a little too cranky cause I don't like your better halfs work, grow up and by the sounds of your pouting yours will be referred to as dolls

Aww I think you better clean the blood spots you left on the floor from your bleeding tampon, someone gets a little too cranky cause I don't like your better halfs work, grow up and by the sounds of your pouting yours will be referred to as dolls

Lol ok

I love though how Turbo comes in to make the SAME point as me but at the same time he is knocking me for what I wrote. These long ass responses are just too much for me right now

Remember somthing.....you came into this hobby asking ME questions...don't you ever forget that.

No one is trying to knock you either, I just think your perspective regarding this side of the hobby comes off a little misguided at times.

Last edited:
Remember somthing.....you came into this hobby asking ME questions...don't you ever forget that.

No one is trying to knock you either, I just think your perspective regarding this side of the hobby is a bit misguided.

I ain't denying that for a min. I learned a lot from u no doubt. My issue is with shape lifter. Dudes hit me up in the past asking about ones stuff/prices. He doesn't want to pay the asking price and we're all stupid for paying it? IMO he just sounds jealous and salty

Damn do u know this for a fact??

i remember him doing a jason custom awhile ago, one of a kind looked horrible and when he first started selling these recast heads , he took the pic holding the head right infront of the detolf and the jason figure was well on show ;)) a month later he sold the jason figure and when i checked the auction it was the exactly the same figure

Back