Action Figure Where's all the 1/6 Leatherface customs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good mate.

My clear red paint did not arrive so the seller has sent a new one to me and I can finally get my hands into bloodying up Leatherface. Oh and hopefully my sledgehammer arrives soon as well. :pray:

Looking good mate.

My clear red paint did not arrive so the seller has sent a new one to me and I can finally get my hands into bloodying up Leatherface. Oh and hopefully my sledgehammer arrives soon as well. :pray:

Cheers buddy , what clear red are you using?
As I used to use tamiya but on this I used a special effects gore red paint looks so real out of the bottle and amazing

Cheers buddy , what clear red are you using?
As I used to use tamiya but on this I used a special effects gore red paint looks so real out of the bottle and amazing

I bought the Tamiya clear red and I have a guide on how to mix it with black paint and UHU glue to achieve a really good blood effect.

Did you get the paint from eBay?

So my paint arrived today and I had a busy day bloodying him up and I'm thrilled with the way he came out. I also bloddied up his chainsaw and I may bloddy up his axe and the hammer when that arrives. I also ripped up his shirt at the sleeves a little bit.

Tamiya Clear Red and Black mixed together with some UHU glue was the method I used -

Anyways here he was just how I got him -

And now with a little work -

Mods I did -

The previous owner had done a black/brown wash through the hair and it was too flat for my likening so I watered down the hair and futzed around with it, getting the best of both worlds as it looks dirty but now I can futz it.

I added some bulk to his belly area.

Added blood to his apron, hands, shirt, boots and weapons.

Tore up the sleeves on his shirt.

The previous owner had re-painted the head so for a really good price and some modding here and there I now have a great Thomas Hewitt (Leatherface) in my collection. :yess:

I just need to futz with him some more and I can display him properly.

Anyways here he was just how I got him -

And now with a little work -

Mods I did -

The previous owner had done a black/brown wash through the hair and it was too flat for my likening so I watered down the hair and futzed around with it, getting the best of both worlds as it looks dirty but now I can futz it.

I added some bulk to his belly area.

Added blood to his apron, hands, shirt, boots and weapons.

Tore up the sleeves on his shirt.

The previous owner had re-painted the head so for a really good price and some modding here and there I now have a great Thomas Hewitt (Leatherface) in my collection. :yess:

I just need to futz with him some more and I can display him properly.

Awesome work right there!!! :clap

Awesome work right there!!! :clap

Thanks joebizz34.

I really appreciate the comments my friend. :hi5:

Your work on your Thomas Hewitt figure was a HUGE inspiration for me to mod mine as well so thanks.

also i forgot to mention, what ya did with the hair is fantastic love the new look

Cheers buddy.

As I said previously the hair was (previous owner) done with a black/brown wash but the hair became pretty flat so I just wet it up a little to soften it up and then futzed with it. So now I have the best of both worlds, dirty futz hair. :yess:

Thanks joebizz34.

I really appreciate the comments my friend. :hi5:

Your work on your Thomas Hewitt figure was a HUGE inspiration for me to mod mine as well so thanks.

Well you did a great job and thank you as well. That's what this hobby and forum should always be primarily about. So many people here have motivated me and it is always nice to hear that I had the opportunity to do the same. :)

Well you did a great job and thank you as well. That's what this hobby and forum should always be primarily about. So many people here have motivated me and it is always nice to hear that I had the opportunity to do the same. :)

No problem mate.

I was going back and forth on whether to add the blood effects on him but when I went trough this thread and I seen what yourself and some others had done then I knew I had to go down that road.

No problem mate.

I was going back and forth on whether to add the blood effects on him but when I went trough this thread and I seen what yourself and some others had done then I knew I had to go down that road.

Absolutely....blood and horror go together like peanut butter and jelly. LOL

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Absolutely....blood and horror go together like peanut butter and jelly. LOL

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When you put it like that then mate it has just made me more convinced that I did the right thing. Plus it is Leatherface we are talking about here so the chance to go blood crazy was definitely needed.

So my 1/6 scale sledge hammer arrived the other day and it does the job wonderfully -

It only cost me £5 on eBay and I would highly recommend it if anyone is looking for a 'cheap' sledge hammer for their Leatherface/Thomas Hewitt figure, it is all plastic and there are no metal parts on it but it is somewhat heavy and it looks badass on Leatherface.

Here is some pics of Leatherface with it, ready to bludgeon some poor sucker -

I must say that due to the price I paid for this figure and then the mods that I did to him and now with the sledge hammer he really is an awesome figure and I would say if anyone is one the fence or can get him for a good price then I would say go for it. :yess:

He looks great! Your mods really improved this fig. What's a good price for him these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He looks great! Your mods really improved this fig. What's a good price for him these days?

Thanks pal, I really appreciate your kind words.

Well I got him for £50 plus P&P over here which I think works out to around $82, but I don't know if you could get him even cheaper that. I also only had to buy one of the paints that I needed for the blood and the sledge hammer was cheap as well so I'm really happy with him.

I originally wanted an original Leatherface figure (which is roughly the same price) but this guy is just as good and I may pick up an original version later on down the road.

You thinking of picking him up?

Thanks pal, I really appreciate your kind words.

Well I got him for £50 plus P&P over here which I think works out to around $82, but I don't know if you could get him even cheaper that. I also only had to buy one of the paints that I needed for the blood and the sledge hammer was cheap as well so I'm really happy with him.

I originally wanted an original Leatherface figure (which is roughly the same price) but this guy is just as good and I may pick up an original version later on down the road.

You thinking of picking him up?

Oh, I see. Well you did a great job and really got your money's worth. Yeah, i really want to get him and mod the hell out of him like you, but I can't seem to find a good price. But if $82 is the cheapest, I've been watching one that's $90. Maybe I'll pick it up and make it my first horror fig in my collection

Oh, I see. Well you did a great job and really got your money's worth. Yeah, i really want to get him and mod the hell out of him like you, but I can't seem to find a good price. But if $82 is the cheapest, I've been watching one that's $90. Maybe I'll pick it up and make it my first horror fig in my collection

Thanks for the nice comments mate and I sure did get my moneys worth here. :yess:

You should maybe just snap it up for that price as it is not to much more than what I paid for him. Just to warn you though that the buyer I bought mine from had repainted the head.

Back