Where to buy Hot Toys and 1/6 scale in Okinawa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryantusmc

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Stationed here in Okinawa and cannot find a place that sells 1/6 figures. So close to Mainland and not a big market for these figures? Can anybody help point me in the right direction?

Hey man. I was stationed there in 2010 - 2013 and did not find a single place that sold them. I used to buy them from a online japan toy store ( I forget the name of it now of course) and they would ship them down there fast and cheap from Tokyo.

Hi. There are a number of websites to use in Japan. Toysapiens is the go to for all things Hot Toys here in Japan and if you haven't been to the shop in Tokyo, you need to make it while you are in the country. https://www.toysapiens.jp/ If you want the summer Toy Fair figures from Hot Toys, get on it now. The Luke has already sold out.

Also, I tend to use Amazon.co.jp quite a bit as they often have prices below ToySapiens, but not always. If you are patient, you can wait out a figure and get it from Amazon for 25-50% off the retail price.

Additionally, Rakuten.co.jp is good for Hot Toys. AmiAmi sells Hot Toys off Rakuten and it is a good option for both new and used figures. Copy and paste this into the search bar as it is "Hot Toys" in Japanese. ホットトイズ

If you can make your way to Tokyo, there are various areas in the city devoted to toys and hobbies. Akihabara, Nakano, Shibuya, and Ikebukuro to name a few. Mandarake has some good deals from time to time. Their website is in both English (limited) and Japanese. MANDARAKE - RULERS OF TIME -

Good luck!

I use amazon japan for all my Transformers needs, and toysapiens for imported stuff.

I know toysapiens is the "official" distributor of Hot Toys in Japan but I've seen lower prices on amazon so just keep an eye on what you're looking for on both sites.

Amazon has superior service obviously, but toysapiens wasn't bad...just if they run out of stock and your item is damaged, returns are more of a pain. I've used toysapiens for Star Wars Black stuff and they were really good. They'll also sometimes get really limited SDCC exclusives so that's another plus. Drawback is they're not always cheap.

I'm in Saitama btw, not Okinawa, but I'm sure these websites are your best bet and of course like the others said, if you can come to Tokyo, you'll go nuts in Akiba and Nakano....it's insane!!

Thanks a bunch for all your replies. It is amazing that I am in Japan but so far from where these things sell. I am planning on visiting mainland and taking the kiddos to Disney so my wife has planned a whole day of looking for my "toys"! She is so understanding it is incredible.

Back