Where is AdoptedScot???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
shellw.png

:(

Just seeing this thread for the first time.

I have been keeping out of the Sandbox, which is where I mostly saw her, so I didn't notice she was missing. Although I have taken exception to some of her moderating decisions, I've had friendly PM's with her, and have always thought she was a genuinely kind and well-meaning person. I really hope she is okay, and returns ASAP.

Shell's sig is because of a boardmember here who personally disappointed her hugely, and ticked off many of us.

I'm sorry but the update isn't as forthcoming yet as hoped. Someone did go to her house- no one answered and the curtains closed. They spoke to a neighbor who did say that they saw Shell the other day but as of right now, I have no other info. I am hoping that we learn more, of course. I'm waiting for another response.

At least she's alive and possibly home? :pray:
I really don't want to make any kind of assumptions. But what is coming up for me is that whatever it is, it's big and not good. I know that when I've had deep personal issues, cyber-space definitely takes a back seat. Priorities shift. But I can't imagine what has kept her from thanking Jen for the birthday gift. Shell is responsible and so full of gratitude, I've never seen her let a good grace, no matter how small, slip by.

I hope we hear from her soon.

:grouphug

Thank you for this. Keep us posted.

Thanks for the updates and a big thank you to the board member that went to Shell's house...I hope they considered leaving a message with the neighbour or a note on Shell's door to let her know how concerned we are.

She is brave and has the courage to stand up to inappropriate behavior all around. She is one our board's greatest super heroes.
fixed....
lets keep discussions about her in the present tense please .... :slap

Id prefer to think she's not on the board for positive reasons as well.
Cant think of what its for or exactly what it says, but theres a commercial currently running that says "Nobody takes pictures of places they visit online.".... hopefully she's enjoying herself somewhere somehow .... :monkey1

I thought I would try to email her through the moderators page and did so. I know quite a few have tried, but I thought it would be a good idea to add to the messages to her.

FYI- Yes, a note was left at the door asking her to get in contact.

I actually think that sending flowers is a great idea! It doesn't matter what the reason is why she's not online with us, I think that letting her know she's missed is wonderful.

Is there anyone who would like to spearhead doing this?

It would great if maybe a UK freak could do this - as it would probably be easier for them to order flowers and/or a gift and have them delivered than someone in the states.

I hate to say this, but Bodie might be right. We know she's recently been seen by a neighbor, and we've left a note on her door. Maybe she just wants to be left alone for awhile. For whatever reason.

But I'm a guy. What do I know?

I'm no psychologist, but when someone's behaviour appears out of character to those who know them, probably best to err on the side of barging on in to see what's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back