Where can I get an Indiana Jones Arnie Kim headsculpt?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though I wil never find an original Arnie Kim Jones, I would never buy an recast.
Does Arnie Kim know about this?

I tried to buy one from Arnie Kim directly. He didn't answer my email. He could have gotten my money but chose not to reply.

So these casts you are offering here are not approved by Arnie Kim?

First, I AM NOT OFFERING THESE FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second, I am giving the contact info of someone who makes these out of vinyl, not your standard recast.

Third, Arnie Kim cannot copy right the sculpt because it infringes on the Lucasfilm trademark. So buying the Arnie Kim figure (which I've seen you are looking for) is no better than buying a recast or unlicensed product (like the Arnie Kim Indy). This figure was on display at San Diego a few years ago and had to be pulled because of Lucasfilm. Arnie Kim's Indy is not an official product.

Jeremy, I simply don't buy these recasts out of respect for the artist who made them.
Licensed or not, vinyl or resin.
Some will find this silly, but that is the way I am.

And the reason I gave up my search for an original unlicensed Indiana Jones made by Arnie Kim is that I don't want to pay an arm and a leg and not being sure the head used is a recast.
Still the best and probably will stay the best Indiana Jones sculpt in 1/6 ever made.
(or Takara should surprise me)

All the best to you

Please explain

He found himself something he's been after for a while...he's not mass producing them...and your giving him a bad time like he should be ashamed of himself...give the guy a break.... and congrats on the amazing head.

He found himself something he's been after for a while...he's not mass producing them...and your giving him a bad time like he should be ashamed of himself...give the guy a break.... and congrats on the amazing head.

No hard times and all the breaks you want/need, just that in the end recasts ruin all the fun. Trust me.

I have thought about this a bit and I'm in the belief that if the ORIGINAL source is still providing said product that they should be gone through to source the product. If the product is no longer being provided then I have very little issue picking up something as a second. I would not buy a recast of a Frontline sculpt when I can get one through them.

I have thought about this a bit and I'm in the belief that if the ORIGINAL source is still providing said product that they should be gone through to source the product. If the product is no longer being provided then I have very little issue picking up something as a second. I would not buy a recast of a Frontline sculpt when I can get one through them.

Exactly. Buying a recast of the sculpt would be wrong if Arnie made it available. Since he hasn't, he obviously isn't interested in making money off of his product. There's no issue here.

Congrats on getting a great piece.

Unless you figure that the reason he doesn't make it widely available is so people don't recast his stuff. From what I've read the reason the sales are "Korean only" is that way he knows the people he's selling to so that he can keep this from happening.

I don't really care, but to justify that its his fault you buy recasts is not really accurate.

I have more issue with the cast being made from the "little guy" rather than the big companies. There are people making cast of weapons and selling them and I know alot of people that buy through them. The same people also make custom gear and I have zero issue with what they do. I do feel for someone trying to sell a Arnie Jones on ebay and there is a recast sitting there and you can make one for half the price. I bought some heads(Men in Black) to make my boys a set and they are recast. All else has been original.

There were 25 Arnie Kim Indys actually made, so chances are there aren't many people trying to sell one on eBay. Not saying recasting is right or wrong, just making a comment...

I've seen some pics of a real Arnie Kim and it looks awesome, and seen some of a painted recast and it looks awful - just goes to show how important a good paint job is. And I'm also glad Sideshow went the route of the sculpted on hat, because even the Arnie Kim one looks oversized.

Well the Arnie Kim sculpts came in, and I just wanted to add that the guy does great casting work, and the sculpts truly are the best of Harrison that I've seen. Even with an amateur paint job like I provide it's pretty sweet.

If you're a die-hard Indy fan then it's certainly worth the money. And, if you're not totally against recasts of course.

Back