Where are the SDCC Sneak Peaks?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe your point was its cool looking but not FF. I was simply stating that most of us probably knew it was and a updated version.

We knew because of the stuff he came with, not because the way the figure itself looked. Sideshow could have called it an ice Viper or something else, and most would have been fine with that, because it is a cool looking figure. Im all for giving him a modern update, but not to were he could pass for another character. My point is that all the figures that have come out so far, you knew exactly who it was, because they retain a greater portion of the vintage 3/4 look. Firefly is the only exception. And to make matters worse they had to go and show the concept picture. You knew immediately THAT was FF.

Hey, Josh, look! Bet ya instantly know it's an updated version of Firefly :rolleyes::

ice-viper.jpg

I believe your point was its cool looking but not FF. I was simply stating that most of us probably knew it was and a updated version.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Perhaps you need to re-read the Firefly thread from page 1. :lol

We knew because of the stuff he came with, not because the way the figure itself looked. Sideshow could have called it an ice Viper or something else, and most would have been fine with that, because it is a cool looking figure. Im all for giving him a modern update, but not to were he could pass for another character. My point is that all the figures that have come out so far, you knew exactly who it was, because they retain a greater portion of the vintage 3/4 look. Firefly is the only exception. And to make matters worse they had to go and show the concept picture. You knew immediately THAT was FF.

Well, of course him coming with all that stuff helps. I just don't mind too much they gave him a modern update.

Hey, Josh, look! Bet ya instantly know it's an updated version of Firefly :rolleyes::

ice-viper.jpg

Actually, I did. :lol Only cause I tend to make trips through the Toy Aisle when I'm at stores.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Perhaps you need to re-read the Firefly thread from page 1. :lol

Nah, I got it the first time though. Thanks. :cool:

Actually, I did. :lol Only cause I tend to make trips through the Toy Aisle when I'm at stores.

Fail... that's not Firefly, that's the Ice Viper. Thanks for proving my point. You can doublecheck that fail next time you "take a trip to the toy aisle." :p To put this in a way you'll better understand, the difference between Sideshow's Firefly and Hasbro's, is like Mattel releasing this:

P4027_fullsizeimage01.jpg

And trying to tell you it's just an "updated version" of this:

N6445_Skelator_fullsizeimage1.jpg

And so that I don't get pigeonholed, I'll add that I've got the Ex on preorder and will be following through. However, I'll be putting different BDUs on him and saving the winter camo (and alternate headsculpt with camo balaclava) to bash an Ice Viper. :D

Well, I was wrong with what I recall seeing in the store. Not the first time I've been wrong in my life probably won't be the last either. :lol I still knew SS figure was Firefly that was my point.

Well, I was wrong with what I recall seeing in the store. Not the first time I've been wrong in my life probably won't be the last either. :lol I still knew SS figure was Firefly that was my point.

:lol no harm no foul. I just hope Sideshow sticks a bit closer to the source material, as we've seen so far post FF, with future figures.

:lol no harm no foul. I just hope Sideshow sticks a bit closer to the source material, as we've seen so far post FF, with future figures.

Its all good. I do hope folks in this section know I do truly am a GI Joe fan. Its all about balance I think with GI Joe and what SS is doing. Stick to the source with a nice modern update.

I don't see a need for this thread to be open any more. No Joe SDCC exclusive and way off course regardless. There is a Firefly thread still so talk about him there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back