Where are the SDCC Sneak Peaks?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You definitely have a point considering how some SW SDCC figures turned out (Yavin Luke, Han & Luke Stormies.) But I don't recall anyone who purchased CCC being unhappy with the way he turned out.

CCC came out just fine. He was a pretty awesome looking figure really. Sometimes they have issues but for the most part they come out pretty nice.

Went to SS and noticed this little blurb
At this time, we have four (4) incredible San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives to reveal to you...but not just yet. Instead, we've put up a sneaky silhouette of some of our 2010 con exclusives for collectors to speculate about! Visit the following link, and let the guessing begin! Remember to bookmark the following SDCC link as it will be your source of all our Comic-Con news in the months leading up to one of the largest comics and popular arts conventions in North America!

So there is still some hope.

Yes, but they are also leaving room for stuff from say HT for when they get the announcement of what they might have.

Wow, Nam. :lol I know I'm in the minority but I like this version of FF. I like the Gortex look. I do wish we had an urban camo hs, though.

I like the modern look as well. Its not exact like the toy as a kid but its not killing me either.

That's fair enough. A camo hs would go a long way to reconciling that in many people's minds, though.

Even with it, he'd still look like an Ice Viper to me, which is why I actually prefer the gray balaclava. A simple $20 BDU swap will do leaps and bounds for making him more Firefly.

Also, I've seen some pretty kick a** Firefly customs on this board. I like SSC's Firefly and I'm definitely getting him but it will probably not be the definitive Firefly for me.

The problem is the original 3 3/4 figure looks better than the Sideshow version. It's a great Firefly, but it's not THE Firefly.

I think the deal is that the Creative Team at Sideshow tends to get a little too carried away sometimes, and the result is something like FauxFly.

When they're on, they're on. But when they're off, they're really off.

That wasn't my point, and you know it, but if you want to dilute it to that, whatever. :rolleyes:

I believe your point was its cool looking but not FF. I was simply stating that most of us probably knew it was and a updated version.

I showed some friends in the 30's age group, they had no idea who it was. Cool figure yes, Firefly no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back