When will the 1:6 bubble pop?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is kind of odd that not too long ago Rocky and Rambo's were pretty consistant at around $99 and now something similar will cost almost 35% more. Most Rambo's and Rocky's required the rubber body so the material costs were as high as something produced today.

I think it's more than material costs. The new figures seem to be more labor intensive.

I have only two 1/6 scale figures remaining on pre-order. They are SSC's Sandtrooper and Henry Jones Sr.

Of the newly announced 1/6 figures such as the Iron Man III BD Version and John Connors FB Version, I absolutely loved these figures but their price point is simply too much for me. I guess the bubble has pop as far as my buying and willingness to spend on 1/6 figures are concerned.

Thankfully im nearly approaching the point where i have all the 1/6th scale figures that i want. Another thing is im running out of room to store them so its come to the point where even if i did want to buy some of these figures i can't :rotfl

Basically i have nearly collected all the characters from movies that i want with just a few more left to get. I don't feel the need to buy any more characters or get 'variations' unless they are outstanding pieces such as pred 1 or iron man mark 1. The iron man battle damaged is a good example. Having picked up the original mark 3 i thought hell yeah i want the bd piece too but then i think whats the point because to me 1 representation is enough or i'd be impulsively buying all variations.

Last edited:
well I don't think that this is a bubble. With the bubble there is usually a false build up of wealth, under false pretenses that a certain market will keep growing, IE the housing bubble or the tech bubble of the nineties. And when the bubble bursts their stock goes down and they lose money. What we have is not a stock or a security but tangible goods!! These are beautifully crafted 1/6 items and people will always pay for quality. And don't feel so guilty!!!! I know I will be collecting Hot toys figures for a long time to come. Take a stroll down beverly hills or rodeo drive, and you will realize people are willing to waste much more money or much much much much more idiotic and stupid things.

Back