When should Hot Toys make a THE DARK KNIGHT announcement?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange we haven't heard a peep from HT or Medicom. Maybe DCD is clamping down on competition this time around.

Last time around the DCD figure was "only" $60 and the HT and Takara were about $120. But the new DCD MSRP is $90, so they may have decided to not license it elsewhere because they're really in the same ballpark as HT and Takara this time. However the import figures are bound to be at least $150 this time, so it's practically the same difference.

Not a surprise, but here's the response HT gave me:
Hello Ryan,

Thanks for your valuable comment & support in Hot Toys products!

The information will be forwarded to our production team for their reference.

Please keep visiting our official website for getting our most updated news!

Best regards,

KT/ Hot Toys

Not a surprise, but here's the response HT gave me:

A while back I e-mailed Hot Toys about the possibility of them producing more Rocky Hot Toys, they responded saying that they were not able to comment on future development. I believe about 2 months later I just placed my preorder for Rocky III.

I think Hot Toys will hands down produce these figures, its just a matter of when it will be announced. No doubts here though.

I really hope we see a Ledger Joker from them... they really are the only company I can see getting that right.

That DC joker looks pretty good but Batman just doesn't 2 me.

Ya, that Joker is the 1st decent DC figure I have seen but Batman looks like a trainwreck all the way. HT must make a Joker figure! I got my Why So Serious shirt at Hot Topic today and I am pumped!

Yeah, but if he clocks in at 13" tall that's gonna be a problem.

Clothing can be shortened and the head looks tiny on the body anyway. I think it could be switched over to a standard 1:6 body. Not the cheapest option, but definately doable.

Hot Toys should just announce it already. :monkey4

They probably use the 13" Robin body which is more 12" compare to the muscular 13" DC Direct line. Joker doesn't seem too muscular compare to the other release.

Clothing can be shortened and the head looks tiny on the body anyway. I think it could be switched over to a standard 1:6 body. Not the cheapest option, but definately doable.

Hot Toys should just announce it already. :monkey4

Thats a good point... but I'd feel a bit like a chump dropping $90 on a DCD figure and then to have to do that much work to it. And while the headsculpt does look pretty good (not that you can really tell from the pics), so far it doesn't look to be up to par with what HT would give us... especially with some of the awesome sculpting work they've been turning out.

Back