1/6 What's your most idealised version of Luke Skywalker?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your most idealised version of Luke Skywalker?

• Tatooine

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • Pilot (X-wing or Snowspeeder)

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Yavin

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Hoth

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • X-wing ground uniform (Dagobah or Bespin)

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • ROTJ

Votes: 52 43.7%
  • TFA

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Ahch-To hermit

• Crait & flashbacks

• Dark Empire

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Jedi Luke with the flowy hair and youthful appearance of ANH Luke, with the option of changing back into a Tatooine outfit.

This is a very difficult question to answer.

Tatooine Luke is the essence of the character. Optimistic, idealistic, kind, compassionate and humble. It’s from Star Wars (or A New Hope, if your prefer), one of the most successful movies of all time, so it’s hard to go more iconic than that. There an unmatched simplicity to this version.

I’m not particularly fond of the Bespin suit, but it’s the one he wears in the duel with Darth Vader, still the greatest lightsaber duel in any Star Wars movie. It may not look the best to me, but it has power due to the story.

Jedi Knight Luke is an obvious choice. At the top of his powers and what he used while he saved the Galaxy. It’s classy and elegant.

Young Jedi Master (or “Crait Projectiion” if you will) is a variation of that. Both dark and white while not being as elaborate as the Republic Jedi uniforms. This represents his greatest failure.

The hermit costume is what he was during his last years. Old and full of regrets, yet he developed a charming sense of humor.

And lastly, the Old Jedi Master. The one he used when he dies, once more giving hope to the Galaxy. A white and pearl Jedi robe, going back full circle to his Tatooine roots.

They are all great. They are all aspects of what is, in my mind, the best Star Wars character. I can’t pick one so I’ll pick three: the beginning (Tatooine), the top (Jedi Knight) and the end (Old Jedi Master)

never iconic as this one
giphy.gif

Tatooine for me,pilot would be 2nd ....all the a new hope looks for all the characters are my favorite

I like to imagine the versions we didn’t see.
The struggles he had after Yavin but before Hoth.
The training he undertook on his own before facing down Jabba.
The days and months after ROTJ where his power was still growing.
These and many more flights of fancy are the versions I like to contemplate most.

Return of the Jedi has always been my favorite but the one I want to see most is the one we never got to truly see Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.

A2BC1A2F-F4C8-4050-9327-CB95225C4DD0.jpg

Kind of tempted to create that Jedi Master look with TFA body, Crait headsculpt and some brown cloak somewhere.

Overall return of the Jedi Luke
X wing close second with anh not far behind

Bespin is just not an outfit I dig. Never have.
Snowspeeder is cool
Hoth is cool
The sequel outfits are good especially crait
But Rotj. Definitely

Farmboy Luke. However, it's the only version I don't have as the head sculpt sucks so so bad. Hopefully, after they're done re-releasing/re-imagining Bespin Luke they'll get around to Farmboy Luke.

Kind of tempted to create that Jedi Master look with TFA body, Crait headsculpt and some brown cloak somewhere.

Its literally doable this way!

That flashback scene where he tries to kill Ben takes place only 6 years before TFA so it makes sense that the Jedi outfit he wears when Rey meets him is what he was wearing 6 years earlier.

I'm sure he had a different outfit and probably no beard yet/longer hair when he first started training Ben 20 years before TFA. They really need ro recast Luke and do movies that take place soon after ROTJ. That way we can see how he trained Ben from a very young age and started his Jedi Academy and found the first Jedi Temple plus lots of Sith artifacts.

Snowspeeder or X-wing pilot suits. I've long regretted not jumping on the SS snowspeeder fig. But none of us actually expected that to be good.

Snowspeeder or X-wing pilot suits. I've long regretted not jumping on the SS snowspeeder fig. But none of us actually expected that to be good.

Still one of my fav figs. I hope Hot Toys does it so those that missed out can get one. I hope it's not too good as I don't want to have to upgrade. The SS one was expensive enough.

Farmboy Luke. However, it's the only version I don't have as the head sculpt sucks so so bad. Hopefully, after they're done re-releasing/re-imagining Bespin Luke they'll get around to Farmboy Luke.

I have one of those heads sitting on the dashboard of my car. Although it’s sometimes hard to see the likeness with bright light, as I drive and normal daylight and shadows play across the head, there are times it’s spot on to Hamill from ANH.

Back