1/6 What's your most idealised version of Luke Skywalker?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your most idealised version of Luke Skywalker?

• Tatooine

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • Pilot (X-wing or Snowspeeder)

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Yavin

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Hoth

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • X-wing ground uniform (Dagobah or Bespin)

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • ROTJ

Votes: 52 43.7%
  • TFA

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Ahch-To hermit

• Crait & flashbacks

• Dark Empire

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
My favorite look is from Empire. Bespin Fatigues.

The "coolest" version is definitely Jedi.

But if I had to go "most iconic" nothing beats Tatooine Farm Boy. Let that Skywalker theme swell as Luke looks off at the binary sunset. Epic. Iconic. Classic. Screenshot_20181211-203140_Instagram.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You always remember your first ....

sight of Luke, popping out of the homestead. "Luke, Luke ... tell your Uncle, if he gets a translator, make sure it speaks Bocce!"

TLJ. Rock and cloak.

JK. Bespin all the way. Would love a Updated sculpt to reflect modern times .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve thought about this before, it’s a tough one. All versions look cool, distinctive, and iconic.

I would say it’s ANH, because that’s the first version of Like anyone ever saw. Just like Han And Liea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm torn between Tatooine, X-Wing and Snowspeeder. Bespin Fatigues is in there too.

If push came to shove, at this point I may choose X-Wing just because of the trench run, but it's surprisingly difficult.

So since I replied to this...all the talk about the most iconic Luke and surveying my own collection got me to thinking. And all you obsessive nerds out there know what happens when thinking happens. :lol

I had passed on MMS297 since Day 1, but having owned (or still own) DX07, Stormtrooper Disguise Luke, SSC's X-Wing and Snowspeeder Lukes ... the farmboy is iconic the way GoD or EtD Bruce Lee is iconic. It captures a time and place -- and my own childhood memory, as well as the heart of the OT.

Unless HT produces an amazing trench run/X-Wing Luke, I think this will be my go-to. I've had years to think it over, LOL.

My exclusive version is en route. For now I plan to display him with Rogue One iterations of Vader and Stormtrooper. Different costume/production design, but same era. Going with un-ignited saber and blast-shield helmet in-hand. Simple and charged with potential for the future.

I haven't had time to start on my custom ANH buckets, so that's going to be the shelf for the foreseeable future. The sculpt will be no surprise in-hand, given it's near-identical to Stormtrooper Luke.

Merry Xmas to me!

(And thanks, ya bunch of enablers!) :rotfl

This is my favorite.

60920C6B-2C28-4975-8B44-A287C5C7E5A6.jpg
3840159B-E10E-482F-AE9C-61FCBEC75233.jpeg

Just kidding. It’s Bespin Luke,

97CBFA70-7007-4BA8-8CA2-83AC051D986B.jpeg

This guy pretty much sums it up,

Empire. His essence. Not still green (ANH), not so refined as to be stale (Jedi), and not completely sold out (Sequel Trilogy). Empire was his finest moments - not because he was perfect, but because he was still in his prime and idealistic, but also learning some heavy duty lessons - he was growing up and at his most vibrant. Also was at his best physically and liked the Fatigue uniform the best.

Hot Toys has improved on sculpts (generally speaking) a lot since they did the first version of this figure. I do hope that they do a second version of this figure that does him justice.

I agree. Also, he has a blaster and a lightsaber. That was always cool to me as a kid. He was a soldier/commander and a Jedi. Sure, I dig Luke running around the Death Star in his farmboy outfit with the Stormtrooper belt and rifle, or Luke fighting with the new green lightsaber on Jabba’s sail barge, but I always liked him sneaking around Bespin, blaster in hand and the whole carbon freezing chamber duel.

At the same time though, I think I would have preferred him fighting in his X-Wing/Hoth fear like the concept art and the teaser trailer raiser showed.

F315EDCC-F237-4695-BB81-AEB2ADF58F7B.jpeg

The optimistic, whiny farm boy who became the rebel hero and eventual Jedi apprentice in Star Wars ANH. Unfortunately, IMO that portrait has yet to be convincingly captured in 1:6 scale.

I voted for ROTJ and I love the figure, but I just preordered the TLJ Deluxe Luke, which violates one of my collecting rules (one figure per character, except iron man)

Back