What's your low end 2015 figure of the year(no hot toys)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazypredator2

Super Freak
Reaction score
My 2015 low end figure of the year is.

1. Neca- AVP series 14- Celtic Predator.and aliens power loader.

Last edited:
I think if the NECA Powerloader can be considered a figure I would vote for that. Alien Queen a very close second. ED-209 (2015?) a close 3rd.

They're not really figures, but I really like collecting the Disney Infinity Star Wars characters. I really love how they look.

My top eleven...I cheated a little.

1. 7'' inch Reeve Superman (NECA)

2. Mezco TDKR Batman

3. Ultimate Jason (NECA)

4. Awakening Goku (sh figuarts) and Rey Ghostbusters (Diamond Select)

5. Ellen Ripley (Neca)

6. The Joker new 52 normal face version (DCC)

7. Man Bat BTAS (DCC)

8. The Riddler BTAS (DCC)

9. 7'' Ledger Joker (NECA)/ 7'' Adam West Batman (Neca)/ Ultimate Freddy (NECA)

10. Icons Batman 6'' inch (DCC)

11. Batman from the animated series (DCC)

Probably the entire BTAS line.

Defining Moments Sting and Hulk Hogan.

Black Series Ren + First Order Stormtroopers.

Kane Minimate.

MkGJC7H.jpg

*image from the Minimate Database*

BTTF 2 Marty McFly, Jr. would probably win if I had got it in 2015.

Runner up is Drake.

ijw8p7o.jpg

Mezco Batman is anything but 'low-end', but if it's a candidate in this thread, then it gets my vote. Sturdiest 1/12-scale human I've handled, and it represents the comic character very well. I rarely buy doubles/alternate colours of things and I jumped on the black and grey as soon as they restocked, just a few days after toying around with my PX version. The thing combines action-figure durability with genuinely high-end tailoring, paint and sculpt, and it's a crying shame that they aren't producing an armoured Bats to top the the line off.

Revoltech Star Wars stormtrooper is a close second for me. I know some people hate the stylised look and Revoltech joints, but I love the personality you can get out of it with the right posing:

kyd13002_5.jpg

Totally balls-out, ready to wreck some rebels with that heavy blaster. That's how I like my stormtroopers.

Mezco Batman is anything but 'low-end', but if it's a candidate in this thread, then it gets my vote.

I think it's qualifies as low end. $65 isn't too pricey considering the quality and what the average figure goes for nowadays. I've seen some figma and sh figuarts go for more than that, and those probably qualify as "low-end."

Agreed; at retail it was priced very well. I meant that 'low-end' could imply lower-quality collectibles like Marvel Legends and SW Black Series, which seem pretty distinct from the Mezco 1/12 series to me. I don't know if a line that has well-tailored soft goods as a main selling point can be low-end in 1/12 scale.

I also thing Figuarts and Figma, while definitely high-quality, don't match up to their price-tags because importers like BBTS add their own margins to the prices. For example I ordered two Revoltech stromtroopers and one Boba Fett for about $114 total off HLJ. EMS shipping to the UAE, where I was staying at the time, was $17, which brings the total to $131. Off BBTS, those three figures are $185 total, and that's before shipping and any taxes.

I'm rambling a little, though. Lots of thoughts about how we assign worth to figures and decide what is and isn't a high-end collectible, but they're not coherent enough for me to put down at the moment.

McFarlane Walking Dead Series 6 Rick Grimes

NECA Nostromo Ripley

Dark Horse Tywin Lannister

DCC BTAS Batman

Diamond Select Jay and Silent Bob

Diamond Select Dante and Randal

I hope someone makes figures from Warcraft this year aside from Jakks, I love fantasy based figures, McFarlane's Conan waves from years were incredible.

McFarlane Walking Dead Series 6 Rick Grimes

NECA Nostromo Ripley

Dark Horse Tywin Lannister

DCC BTAS Batman

Diamond Select Jay and Silent Bob

Diamond Select Dante and Randal

I hope someone makes figures from Warcraft this year aside from Jakks, I love fantasy based figures, McFarlane's Conan waves from years were incredible.

Agreed; at retail it was priced very well. I meant that 'low-end' could imply lower-quality collectibles like Marvel Legends and SW Black Series, which seem pretty distinct from the Mezco 1/12 series to me. I don't know if a line that has well-tailored soft goods as a main selling point can be low-end in 1/12 scale.

I also thing Figuarts and Figma, while definitely high-quality, don't match up to their price-tags because importers like BBTS add their own margins to the prices. For example I ordered two Revoltech stromtroopers and one Boba Fett for about $114 total off HLJ. EMS shipping to the UAE, where I was staying at the time, was $17, which brings the total to $131. Off BBTS, those three figures are $185 total, and that's before shipping and any taxes.

I'm rambling a little, though. Lots of thoughts about how we assign worth to figures and decide what is and isn't a high-end collectible, but they're not coherent enough for me to put down at the moment.

I think low end has more to do with the price, not the quality necessarily, although sometimes the two are related. It's a given that a larger figure or a collectible will most likely have better details because of the size, and therefore it commands a higher price tag. However, that's not always the case because not all companies have the same level of quality, therefore sometimes a small but very expensive collectible can be more detailed than a larger less expensive collectible and vice versa. Still, a small figure or collectible can still be amazing for their scale and maybe even better than the larger ones in terms of what you get for a much lower price. It's not far to compare a $20 dollar Neca figure with a $200+ HT, just like it's not fair to compare a 12'' inch HT figure with a $400+ 1/4 scale figure, but that doesn't mean that each figure in their respective scale can't be impressive or surpass what is expected from their scale.

I've seen people posting their best of 2015 lists for the past few weeks, and I hadn't really thought about mine.

Tonight I looked at my collection and realized I only bought 12 new toys all year, so that's basically my best of list right there isn't it?

My favorites would definitely be Mezco DKR Batman, along with Takara's Devastator. Also, new to me but not really a "new" toy was Transformers MP 10. I missed it years ago but got the reissue this year and it's just fantastic. Also really love NECA's Keaton Batman which came out at the tail end of 2014, but I didn't get it until January.

Another one I really liked was the NECA Kenner style Alien vs Predator. Really nice modern detailing but a cool vintage throwback.

Diamond Select got a lot of my cash the past few years. The only stumble so far with regards stuff I collect of theirs is the Mulder and Scully figures which look bad. I just hope it doesn't affect further waves. But Zach posts here and they're making a figure of Jason Lee as Brodie from Mallrats this year so I can't stay mad for long.

Mezco Batman is anything but 'low-end', but if it's a candidate in this thread, then it gets my vote. Sturdiest 1/12-scale human I've handled, and it represents the comic character very well. I rarely buy doubles/alternate colours of things and I jumped on the black and grey as soon as they restocked, just a few days after toying around with my PX version. The thing combines action-figure durability with genuinely high-end tailoring, paint and sculpt, and it's a crying shame that they aren't producing an armoured Bats to top the the line off.

Revoltech Star Wars stormtrooper is a close second for me. I know some people hate the stylised look and Revoltech joints, but I love the personality you can get out of it with the right posing:

kyd13002_5.jpg

Totally balls-out, ready to wreck some rebels with that heavy blaster. That's how I like my stormtroopers.

Mezco's One:12 stuff is in some weird dead zone between low-end and high-end as far as I'm concerned. It really is the bridge between high-end quality and low-end price and size.

I've been thinking about picking up a couple of the Revoltech Stormtroopers. I've got a few of the SH Figuarts Star Wars figures and I'm generally very impressed with them but I can't get over how inaccurate and relatively lacking in articulation the original Stormtrooper they put out was. The Revoltech seems to have really nailed the helmet in particular.

Not sure what's considered low end aside from Neca or Hasbro type figures but my favorite this year is the Gentle Giant Jumbo G.I. Joe's, they range from 80-130 so not sure if these fit:dunno

23250118349_b6f55f2324_b.jpg

Back