What's your latest purchase?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The extras cost as much as the knife. But if I'd have to go in the wild with just one knife, this might be it. Heck, with this BK2 and a rock or a hammer I could cut a car in half LOL, look at the thickness of that blade

Especially on a newer car, looks like .1875" - 25" thick, pretty hefty.
I have a custom bowie on order from a maker up in Ontario Canada, should have it this month or next.

That sounds interesting!
I'm not a knife collector, but I have a few myself. I'm fond of Ka-Bar USMC, and hopefully soon to get one of their Khukri machetes

I almost forgot about those threads, thx. Once I get my new piece I'll try to post something.

That sounds interesting!
I'm not a knife collector, but I have a few myself. I'm fond of Ka-Bar USMC, and hopefully soon to get one of their Khukri machetes

I wouldn't consider myslef a knife collecter either, but I do like the basic utility and a well made tool. The custom handmade stuff is something I came across when I was looking for something specific. I was so impressed I've picked up a couple more over the years.

IMG_0092.JPG

Sweet print Ink!

I collect knives, or at least I did for a while. Mostly automatics, but manual openers too.

I'd like to get some autos, but they are "illegal" here is Aus. :(

I bought a CRKT with the carson folder tab on the back of the blade a few years ago from the US and customs seized it calling it a "flick knife", they sent me a threatening letter instead of my knife. Good thing that came out of it was I found a good seller here that carries most brands, just nothing that is spring assisted.

I'd like to get some autos, but they are "illegal" here is Aus. :(

I bought a CRKT with the carson folder tab on the back of the blade a few years ago from the US and customs seized it calling it a "flick knife", they sent me a threatening letter instead of my knife. Good thing that came out of it was I found a good seller here that carries most brands, just nothing that is spring assisted.

Knife laws are so retarded. Like a knife that springs open can somehow do more harm than one that doesn't.

Knife laws are so retarded. Like a knife that springs open can somehow do more harm than one that doesn't.

Retarded doesnt even begin to describe it. I tried to order a Microtech OTF automatic a while back. (They're legal now in my state but no stores carry them) However it is illegal to ship them between states unless you are LEO/military. If I want a gun they'll ship me one from anywhere. But knives, especially ones that cut on both sides are particularly evil. Warms my heart to know that cops are carrying them.

Retarded doesnt even begin to describe it. I tried to order a Microtech OTF automatic a while back. (They're legal now in my state but no stores carry them) However it is illegal to ship them between states unless you are LEO/military. If I want a gun they'll ship me one from anywhere. But knives, especially ones that cut on both sides are particularly evil. Warms my heart to know that cops are carrying them.

Yah, but knives are more easily concealed and generally easier to obtain so that might be part of it. Though I'll always consider them more as a tool than a weapon. You could walk through a hardware store full of potential "weapons". Brass knuckles have only one intent, why I believe it's a potential felony in California.

True that on the guns...

Springfield m1a scout

Nice.

Yah, but knives are more easily concealed and generally easier to obtain so that might be part of it. Though I'll always consider them more as a tool than a weapon. You could walk through a hardware store full of potential "weapons". Brass knuckles have only one intent, why I believe it's a potential felony in California.

True that on the guns...

It cant have anything to do with concealability and attainability. Theyre legal here now. If I want a benchmade otf I can buy one at the mall. If I want a different make/model its a felony to get it shipped to me out of state. I even asked them if they would ship one to my local FFL like a firearm- no dice, lol its so DUMB. Guns are pretty darn concealable and were easier to get than a switchblade when they were illegal. Ive heard the only reason they were made illegal to begin with was that they were popular with gang members and it gave the cops the power to arrest them during random checks/stops. Dunno if its true but ridiculous laws have ridiculous reasons i guess.

It cant have anything to do with concealability and attainability. Theyre legal here now. If I want a benchmade otf I can buy one at the mall. If I want a different make/model its a felony to get it shipped to me out of state. I even asked them if they would ship one to my local FFL like a firearm- no dice, lol its so DUMB. Guns are pretty darn concealable and were easier to get than a switchblade when they were illegal. Ive heard the only reason they were made illegal to begin with was that they were popular with gang members and it gave the cops the power to arrest them during random checks/stops. Dunno if its true but ridiculous laws have ridiculous reasons i guess.

:lol. Very true.

Back