What's your favorite werewolf figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually came into this thread planning on ranting about the lack of quality American Werewolf in London merchandise, but that incredible piece shown off by some lucky freak directly before this post will now make my comment seem like a tiny afterthought.

That said, why has no one offered a nice hellhound figure or statue yet? I recall some artists on this board planning to make one a year or so back, but I haven't heard anything mentioned since. I've even considered making my own out of desperation, but I'm not confident enough in my abilities I guess.

I actually came into this thread planning on ranting about the lack of quality American Werewolf in London merchandise, but that incredible piece shown off by some lucky freak directly before this post will now make my comment seem like a tiny afterthought.

That said, why has no one offered a nice hellhound figure or statue yet? I recall some artists on this board planning to make one a year or so back, but I haven't heard anything mentioned since. I've even considered making my own out of desperation, but I'm not confident enough in my abilities I guess.

Unfortunately a complete and total ********* ruined that for everybody else. :monkey1

id only ever want one if it looked suitably huge and monstrous.

something along these lines
darkwerewolf01.jpg

Lars_Bloodwulf___Crinos_Form_by_CoolerKing.jpg

YES!!!:clap

id only ever want one if it looked suitably huge and monstrous.

something along these lines
darkwerewolf01.jpg

Lars_Bloodwulf___Crinos_Form_by_CoolerKing.jpg

Doesnt get better than this...
An-American-Werewolf-in-London-1981-movie-props.jpg

see! hair hair and more hair. I don't hate the Dog Soldiers but a werewolf just has to have hair. Just looks a lot nicer, even if it is just a little bit.

but naked hairless werewolves look kinda weird.

see! hair hair and more hair. I don't hate the Dog Soldiers but a werewolf just has to have hair. Just looks a lot nicer, even if it is just a little bit.

but naked hairless werewolves look kinda weird.

I find those werewolf drawings not very appealing. I think werewolves should not be just a wolf with an athletic physic standing on two legs. It should be a mutated monstrous fusion. It should look nasty and scary. I like the AWL version though. And in The Howling it looks pretty great too. Other then that, there's a clear distinction from the "Wolfman" werewolf and the "American Werewolf in London" werewolf. And I like the former I think a bit more. This may sound a bit weird, but the Thriller werewolf looked awesome imo. The latest Wolfman movie was also pretty decent. I think the reason why I like the "Wolfman" werewolf variant more is because, if the face is still very much human-like it looks much more disturbing to me. Werewolves with a canine facial structure look just a bit too wolf-ish which makes it less scary and disturbing for me. If I can still see the actor in his werewolf form I just relate more to him.

I don't really own any werewolf figures other than the Sideshow Wolfman.
As for cinematic werewolves I like... I do remember loving The Howling in my teens (round about the same time I saw AWIL), and I loved the werewolves as well, does anybody have good pics of what they actually looked like? I remember very long ears... AWIL is another favorite, although I do like my werewolves to be two legged. Dog Soldiers and Underworld are cool as well.

Somebody should do a comparison chart of the different werewolves, 'cause I'm too lazy! :D

This is a mid transformation shot, looks creepy as hell.

images

Fully transformed (I noticed that in a lot of werewolf movies, the werewolf's head is usually most prominent. They often stay clear of full body werewolf shots, I think it's because of technical limitations. But I think I actually like that).

the-howling1.jpg

American Werewolf in London looks a lot more bear-ish tbh.

americanwerewolfinlondon1.jpg

Someone made a side by side video of the AWL and Howling transformations. I think the Howling transformation looks way more ****ed up and creepy, but the AWL transformation still takes the cake for Baker's astounding make-up and all that jazz. It looks incredible and I think no one will ever top it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMl1qGkfyv0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMl1qGkfyv0[/ame]

Last edited:
I find those werewolf drawings not very appealing. I think werewolves should not be just a wolf with an athletic physic standing on two legs. It should be a mutated monstrous fusion. It should look nasty and scary. I like the AWL version though. And in The Howling it looks pretty great too. Other then that, there's a clear distinction from the "Wolfman" werewolf and the "American Werewolf in London" werewolf. And I like the former I think a bit more. This may sound a bit weird, but the Thriller werewolf looked awesome imo. The latest Wolfman movie was also pretty decent. I think the reason why I like the "Wolfman" werewolf variant more is because, if the face is still very much human-like it looks much more disturbing to me. Werewolves with a canine facial structure look just a bit too wolf-ish which makes it less scary and disturbing for me. If I can still see the actor in his werewolf form I just relate more to him.

Oh I loved the Wolfman movie too (The new one) I was just saying that the wolves in Dog Soldiers were a little too hairless for me. I agree that AWL wolf was pretty awesome.

It's funny, I remember always thinking that there was something odd with the Howling transformation, it almost seems like two different special effects put together, the first "bubbly" part and then the second more common bit.

my nephew had this pretty cool little werewolf toy from the narnia movies, it was like 5 inches long. Made me want to find one

021308_narnia1.jpg

I would like to see a figure that has similarities to the wearwolves from these movies. maybe a hodgepodge of all of them as a sideshow werewolf on unknown origins meaning not one movie. they all look similar so i dont think it even matters with a specific movie as long as its structurally a werewolf. i just hope articulation and stand will be for both upright and wolf stance.
the howling,
lifesize-werewolf-statue_2.jpg
images.jpg
Underworld werewolf.
Werewolf_Side.jpg
dog soldiers,
top-10-toughest-moments-in-movie-history_408834.jpg
cursed,
knb-efx-cursed-werewolf.jpg

and
gingersnaps
Ginger_snaps_werewolf.jpg