what's the single best LOTR piece?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Red Book of Westmarch as interpreted by Indy Magnoli.
See theguru1's photo on page 2.

NewBestRog.jpg

i would say either the SSW Balrog or Pf Lurtz pf are the 2 best executed pieces to date imo. I never saw the appeal of the hella skinny looking Sauron piece:dunno

I'd have to say my kitbashed Bilbo:

100_7263.jpg

Bashed from an Ex Frodo and the ToyBiz Bilbo with some paint and dye, he's the little bastard who started it all and the smaller 1:6 scale just adds a lot of charm to the leatherbounds behind him on the shelf. The project Gimli's a very close second though. Lot of fond memories of how this place used to be, in that piece.

I'd have to agree with you there, lad. It was nice sharing enthusiasm and bonding with fellow members during the discussion phase of those custom projects.

None of us will ever agree on what is the single best LOTR collectible piece. Bag End, Gandalf PF, Peter Lyon Anduril, Jens Hanson One Ring, Indy Magnolia Red Book, custom Bilbo Inkwell, Weta Smaug, SSW Sauron, Balrog, Ringwraith on Steed, Morgual Lord LSB, UC Shards or Narsil, Jerry Vanderstelt, Alan Lee or John Howe prints... Seriously, how can you narrow it down to a single piece? From statues and environments to prop replicas and artwork, I'm just happy that there are a multitude of choices available. Some just hold more sentimental value over others.

gimlicompletega8.jpg

bilbocopydg4.jpg

Last edited:
WOW that is a hard question.. no way i could choose just one, it's be between Lurtz PF, Aragorn PF, Besserker PF, ssw ML, daddy Rog and the witch and lord lsb's are all great pieces from each line and manufacturer.

really depends on which character or take said character you're fond of i guess :dunno IF i had to choose one to save from the house fire then it would have to be Lurtz followed closely by Balrog

Been a few years since this was brought up. In 2014 I would say to date it's the Sauron PF our DROM PF.

Been a few years since this was brought up. In 2014 I would say to date it's the Sauron PF our DROM PF.

I would have to agree. These 2 make the biggest impact for a single piece. I would throw in the original Balrog also, but hopefully we get a larger one in the future that ends up the "one" must have LOTR piece. GTG PF is also great, but only screams LOTR to LOTR fans, everyone else will no more know who he is than Sauron or DROM.

The Sauron PF is up there. The SSW Daddy Rog and RWOS are probably the top two IMO. Another one is Sam and Bill the Pony. I do hope Weta will do another larger Balrog like the Daddy version and they could team up with Jerry V to make one based on his print. Azog could be up there as time goes on and an eventual Smaug could be as well.

Snow Troll :monkey3

:slap

It's hard to single out the best piece. SSW and SS's Ringwraiths on Steeds are way up there and so are some of SS dios and of course the Sauron and Lurtz PFs. . . . . but since I don't actually own any of those I will probably have to go with my one and only PF the Exclusive Aragorn (if you include figures my Aragorn and Legolas that have been customized by Darren are right next to the PF). I'd love to see the Rohan get some PF love. I would probably save every penny I can to get either a Theoden or Eowyn PF if they are done well. . . . . although seeing how successful my Lurtz fund is I still might miss out on them.

Back