What's the best SS SW figure so far?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best SS SW figure so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I went with Sidious. Although palpatine has a better face sculpt i was expecting to like him best and was actually really surprised by how realistic sidious looks. I know a lot of people have picked ben and great figure as he is i do find the jedi rather look the same.

EIII Kenobi is my best "all-around" figure. It's got a good paint application and all of the items as well as the sculpt were well done.

I must be the only one here who thinks that old Ben Kenobi's paint apps were pretty bad. Mine looks like he just came out of hiding in a cave for a decade. His skin is pale in tone and the apps just look sloppy. BUT he's the best sculpt released yet, by far.

I honestly prefer the Ep. 3 Kenobi to the ANH version. They are the top 2 in my mind but there is just something about the ROTS version that I love

To me it was a very close call between Han Solo (ep. IV) and Old ben, but I went with Solo.
Ben would've gotten the nod if he had a paunch included.
Yeah, it was that close.
Also, Solo's paint apps were slightly better on mine.

Ben Kenobi for me. I'm pretty partial to ANH Han as well, but Ben Kenobi remains the best Star Wars 1:6 figure released yet. Once Vader and the stormtrooper ship though, things could change.

Hmmmm looks like Ben is clearly going to be the winner of the poll. I suppose it's not surprising.

My only complaint with Ben, and all the jedi, is the raveling of the robes. I wish they could have done these better. In a few years they are gonna look like hobo jedi!

Best human/humanoid = Old Ben ( Looks even better with a replacement robe from d-art studios )
Best alien = Jabba

Just the one? There are quite a few on your polling list I find outstanding...

There was the pleasant surprise of being blown away about how cool (and fun to photograph) Assaj Ventress was...she turned out to be a real dramatic and great looking figure. There was the long wait that was proved well worth it with Leia as Boussh...a figure that just captures the character and really shows Sideshow's strength when it comes to detailing outfits and catching a portrait so perfectly. And recently, there has been the one that has really grown on me with how truly excellent it looks...and that's ANH Han. He's another one I've enjoyed taking a lot of shots of.

Sidious and Palpatine are both amazing renditions of the galaxy's ultimate deceiver featuring two of the most superb sculpts Sideshow has presented.

And one glaring omission from your list as far as I'm concerned is Darth Maul. Still one of my favorites in this collection...great portrait, great outfit and plenty of accessories, including all of those saber variations...really good figure.

But ultimately there can be only one...and up to now that would have to be the ultimate Jedi Master...Ben "Obi-Wan" Kenobi. I still remember the thrill of seeing this figure at ClV and realizing Sideshow was presenting the best possible version of the venerable knight that's this longtime collector had ever seen. He's a real stand-out. My fingers are crossed that Lord Vader is presented with as much quality as his former master has...

Back