What's coming next? A Marvel Hot Toys Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to the Hulkbuster i have heard this (potential 'The Avengers' spoilers) -
Spoiler Spoiler:

The reason being is that

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think that we'll be getting just one figure. I hope that this weekend at Comic-Con we get the first two figures from X-men announced as well as the next figure in the Captain America line shown (Red Skull i hope!)

Regarding Loki, i think that we might not get him from Thor. I don't know why but we haven't heard or seen even a rumour have we?

I think we'll get, in the coming year:

X-Men First Class
- Magneto

Avengers
- Loki
- Iron Man VII
- Thor v2
- Modern Cap
- Black Widow
- Hulk
- Hawkeye

Spider-Man
- Spidey/Peter Parker
- Bad guy :lol (I don't even know who it is)

with they way i see it, we'll be getting everything all at once with no room to breath.

i'm hoping that once Comic-con is over everything can slow the hell down, cos they've announced so damn much already, it wouldnt be so bad if there was time to get the things already on order, but they seem to be going on sale straight away :(

I hope that Hot Toys does a little bit of price revision.

The figures are masterpieces and do warrant a high price tag but i think a drop of maybe $20-40 dollars here and there on pre-orders would relax the fans nerves. Then they can hike up prices on release.

With the announcement of more and more lines it's going to either show more loans from banks or more selective customers.

I think The Avengers line could be something special if they put all there effort into it there is the potential for a line that is over 10 figures.

OR we could end up with 2 or 3 and then nothing.

I really want to have

Iron Man Mark VIII
Captain America (Modern)
Thor (sleeveless w/ cape)
Black Widow (w/ more accessories!)
Hawkeye
Nick Fury

As well as whoever the villains are.

A Hulk figure will eventually come around so i'm not bothered which one they use (TIH or Avengers).

the name, mark viii looks so ridiculous. i say he stops numbering them and calls them what they are, inferno armor, hulkbuster, yada yada,

yeah it is going to get ridiculous.

Marvel Studios is doing Iron Man 3 2013 so will we have the Mark IX and X??!

They also want to do Avengers 2 and 3 (which RDJ isn't signed for) so if it does have Iron Man in it and the roster isn't changed then are we to expect up to a Mark XV?

I hate to say it as a huge fan of both Marvel and HT but I wish they both would slow things down. All the releases this year are close to making me bankrupt. It will soon get to the point where I will HAVE to miss out on possible must have figures due to costs.

I realise its a business but they seem to be aiming at only the wealthy buyers now with all these releases. Hard to see a end in site of all the awesomeness that is happening ATM.

I just hope the Avengers line gets a very slow release over a year or two. Having them put out Cap,Thor,IM,Widow etc etc all in the holiday 2012 window will just end the dream of ever getting a good line up for me.

I'd love to get HT to release just the changed parts as an update pack. No releasing full figures but only the changed parts like Thor getting an more Ultimate look etc. Dreaming again I know.

Saying that a Hulk, Iron Monger, Hawkeye, Fury, Loki, Avengers bad guy/s (don't know what's happening in Avengers so don't tell me) :monkey1 would all be welcome in my flat.

I'd love to get HT to release just the changed parts as an update pack. No releasing full figures but only the changed parts like Thor getting an more Ultimate look etc. Dreaming again I know.

Saying that a Hulk, Iron Monger, Hawkeye, Fury, Loki, Avengers bad guy/s (don't know what's happening in Avengers so don't tell me) :monkey1 would all be welcome in my flat.

for that youre best off looking to ebay for parted out stuff. its always there and will prolly cost you what hot toys would charge if they were to ever do an expansion pack, which i cant see them doing.

I think having that kind of pack would be a pretty sweet idea.

I know a lot of people on here are after a Race Suit Tony. Imagine if they just released that costume as an expansion.

I think that maybe Hot Toys are afraid that if they release something like that people will just buy parts and then kit bash rather than buy their whole figures.

I was actually considering looking for parted out stuff for this apparent 'Secret Project' Captain America thing.

I really want a Chris Evans head sculpt but I don't really want a USO figure suit.

Yeah, ebay parted out listings would be the place I get the character changes from but ebay = higher price. A outfit set would only be needed for a few lines that have updated looks, not every figure, as posted people would just buy parts only then.

I just think that there is a market for Hot Toys to sell just the equipment of a figure, other brands seem to do it well. They could still do a full release like Ultimate Thor for example.

Full figure then a "expansion pack" with just the outfit and possibly the newer sculpt if made. Would just be a case of upping production on a few parts while keeping things that everyone would already have (body, hammer, stand) down just for full release.

Tis a dream of a poor collector.

It is good idea. I am worried about the rising cost of these figures. I wasn't ever planning to buy an HT Avatar figure but I checked out out of curiosity and the price made me ill. It was more than the Sam Flynn Light Cycle set. I know they had to develop a new body and it's 18 inches tall but over $300 for a single figure had me scared. Right now I'm limiting myself to the Tron line, which I'm hoping continues and the Marvel Cinematic Universe. On one hand there is only one MCU movie next year so hopefully they space out their releases.

Yeah, ebay parted out listings would be the place I get the character changes from but ebay = higher price. A outfit set would only be needed for a few lines that have updated looks, not every figure, as posted people would just buy parts only then.

I just think that there is a market for Hot Toys to sell just the equipment of a figure, other brands seem to do it well. They could still do a full release like Ultimate Thor for example.

Full figure then a "expansion pack" with just the outfit and possibly the newer sculpt if made. Would just be a case of upping production on a few parts while keeping things that everyone would already have (body, hammer, stand) down just for full release.

Tis a dream of a poor collector.

Captain America -first WWII outfit with army infantry attire and blue WWII helmet

Red Skull

Thor- sleevless

Nick Fury

Hawkeye

Black Widow

Captain america - modern

Iron Man Mark VIII

Loki

Spider-man - andrew garfield version

The lizard

Magneto - flightsuit version

Magneto - iconic outfit

Emma Frost

Prof X

Beast

The Hulk

here he is! hulk from avengers!

262839_10150717502435386_567270385_19756297_1313689_n.jpg

I dont need anymore Iron Man armors, alternate outfits for Thor and Cap, etc. Just give me Fassbender Magneto :pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back