What you want in Iron Man Mark V?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shrimpy

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I think the Hot Toys Iron Man series will not be complete if Mark V has been left out. Looking at the Mech Test version, I think its possible for Hot Toys to come out with a Mark V:
- Tony Stark (bruised face) wearing the race suit
- Mark V parts that can be assembled on Tony Stark
- the mark V suit in a case as an accessory.

:pray::pray:

Pardon me if this has been discussed before. :cuckoo:

If there will be a DX iron man, I want it to be V. easily the coolest Mark, and because of a lack of functions, they could include a PERS stark sculpt and suit, so you only need a TT for Stark separately like Jokers DX :) Would easily pay 200$ for this!

I've said it elsewhere, I feel that the Mark V deserves DX treatment. There are a number of reasons:

-the suit emerges during probably the most outstanding scene of the film
-it has the 'cool-factor' as a gadget; it is to Iron Man 2 what the Batpod was to The Dark Knight
-the potential for DX is clear -- Mark V outfit as standard, extra tracksuit and suitcase as accessories. HT can develop new Tony sculpt as well.

I doubt that HT would provide a second TT body in the DX pack -- that's business and profits they can keep by selling the bodies separately.

Also I don't think it's realistic for the Mark V armour to be 'snap-on' armour. But hey, HT can prove me wrong and rock my world!:cool:

i agree with all of you, but i think if the chest piece can be swithched out to a BD just like the BD mk3 then this is feasible. also i hope it is smaller than the mk 4 and 6

Yeah Mark 5 should be the main figure. Tony Stark head( with PERS) and racetrack uniform could be the extra costume.

Also they could include the open suitcase that fits onto him. Not the entire armor, but just the part he picks up and put his arms through.

And the base could be part of the Formula car split apart on the track

Yeah Mark 5 should be the main figure. Tony Stark head( with PERS) and racetrack uniform could be the extra costume.

Also they could include the open suitcase that fits onto him. Not the entire armor, but just the part he picks up and put his arms through.

And the base could be part of the Formula car split apart on the track

or the racetrack with some debrie, i think a good chunk of the car would be a tad too much

To me the most important thing for the Mark V is actually the silver paint. I think what really sells the Mark V is the highly reflective silver panels. They looked so cool in the movie when Stark "transforms" into mrk V, the silver paint really needs to look reflective like real metal panels to really "sell" the figure IMO. The Hot Toys Mark II wasn't really highly reflective like in the movie, but it still looks really good in a different way. Hope the paint on the Mark V will look more like silver metal though.

I just want the suitcase accessory, itd be awesome if it came with 2 costumes and 2 heads, but then....itd basically be a IM figure then a Hot Toys body with a tony head and racing suit since you cant take tony out of the armor.

I hope they get the paint looking super metallic, I havnt seen the film yet but it will be the next Iron Man toy I buy.

i want the ironettes to deliver it to my house and present it to me as a gift, while dancing. :drool:monkey3

You'll get this guy and that's that.

sm_mb98UPS1.jpg

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Tim5nU3DwIE"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Tim5nU3DwIE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

dont worry, it's nothing personal. she never shows up at my doorstep either.

I want the Mark V and Mark VI both to be battle damaged similar to the Mark III. I want the best of both world's having a clean and battle damaged versions so I don't have to pick one over the other.

I don't care much for alternate Tony Stark sculpts since I rarely pose my IM figures with the Stark face displayed. A separate Tony Stark is nice to have but not a deal breaker for me.

I'd really want them to do a great job translating all the paneling on the Mark V onto the figure. That's my first priority. Second, I wouldn't mind some swappable Battle Damage.

The racing suit and Stark head are very secondary for me. I'd like to be able to make a Stark in a suit eventually (hopefully with the Mark IV release I'll be able to!) but that's about it. I don't need him in multiple outfits... especially as I'm getting the Mech Tech one.

I'd be fine without it becoming a borderline two-in-one ala DX01. The suit kicks ass, I wish it was featured a little more in the film.

Back