WHAT WERE YOUR TOP 3 1/6 SW FIGURE PURCHASES OF 2017? Pictures welcome!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/ Shoretrooper
2/ Snowtrooper
3/ Death Star Gunner.

Honourable mentions for Yoda and Chirrut*

*would be one of my favourites in my collection IF Baze would finally come out!!!

I can’t remember exactly which figures I bought last year, but these three were definitely purchased in 2017:

1) Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi figure with custom Jnix Shin headsculpt
2) Hot Toys TFA R2-D2
3) Hot Toys Hoth Leia

B93A6ED3-9609-4C22-8A97-1018A24F869C.jpg

59FC3F5D-CB0C-4CF6-A297-C0459E00910C.jpg

4140FA5A-8305-493B-A57C-35EAF98A56CC.jpg

I'll play.

No. 2: Hot Toys Snowtrooper (E-Web also arrived in my collection this year and compliments the figures very well)
They look great all together!

I’d have to go with

1.RO Vader. Damn thing is menacing on the shelf. Him and my Asmus Saurumon get the most comments.
2. Darth Maul; Duel on Naboo. One of my favourite characters hands down. The headsculpt seeths hate compared to the first one.
3. Commander Wolffe. Older figure but a grail for me. The two headsculpts are amazing. The one with the eye implant is done well enough, facebook tries to tag people with its head.

Slow year for SW for me. Focused mostly on the Asmus LoTR and the AvP Preds 1/6 scale wise. This year might be a different story. Hoping to get a Wolfpack trooper, The Emperor, couple Royal guards and maybe a Praet Guard or two.

At least I am not the only person to throw Wolffe on my list. He was my grail too and managed to get a good price on ebay. Hoping to get pics of Wolffe & 104th Trooper together when I go back home after training.

I'll play.

No.1: Sideshow Collectables Luke Skywalker Rogue Group Snowspeeder Pilot

W7Q8d9i.jpg

No. 2: Hot Toys Snowtrooper (E-Web also arrived in my collection this year and compliments the figures very well)

2jo0MCP.jpg

No. 3: Bandai Tamashii Nations Ashigaru Stormtrooper

U9rDqo6.jpg
LhPt5bM.jpg

Honourable Mentions:

Hot Toys Death Star Gunner

FCgkAbI.jpg

Hot Toys K2SO

eCjjU8J.jpg

Bandai Tamashii Nations Sohei Darth Maul

8hatrjw.jpg

And I think a special mention should also go to Jazzinc for his fantastic environments that makes these figures come alive.

aXppON0.jpg
35hNe41.jpg

That Group of Snowies look like they mean business!!

1. Luke Snowspeeder (bought 2) - despite a few flaws, a mind-blowingly awesome figure; one of my top five 1/6 SW figs of all time
2. Snowtrooper (bought 2) - one of the best (if not the best) 1/6 SW troopers ever made
3. ATAT driver - a major surprise; a little tall but super crisp/clean paint apps and armor sculpt and a killer EX "Kenner-style" rifle

Honorable mention - 4-LOM (incredible fig, but points taken for re-use of 3PO body parts.):dunno

I would have added Tarkin in the top 3, but he got disqualified because he's so new and therefore in default "fave" status. :lecture

Agreed. Luke Snowspeeder is in my top five of all time. I think him and Maul are the best 1/6 SW figures that SSC have ever produced.

Back