WHAT WERE YOUR TOP 3 1/6 SW FIGURE PURCHASES OF 2017? Pictures welcome!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got caught up on some figures that I missed.
SSC Snowspeeder Luke
HT Shoretrooper
SSC Tauntaun
It was an expensive year...

The SSC Tauntaun although expensive, really is a great snag. Takes the SSC Han & Luke figures to a totally different level.

Counting only figures that were new in 2017 I'll say these (like olympics podium).
53f6e78f62dc35e7fd625441550a2609.jpg

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

1) Snowtrooper- always loved these troopers and the figure looks great from the cowl to the weathering it’s just an awesome fig.

2) Death Star Gunner- love the shiny funny shaped helmet and the padded jacket/shirt thing with chest protector also I never thought this would be made.

3) K-2SO- great design plus I love the size and that it has so many ratcheting joints and is partially metal which gives it a quality feel.

Honorable Mention- Shoretrooper- Kinda got it just because. Ended up being one of my favorite figures. It really looks like a little man on the shelf.

1. Luke Snowspeeder (bought 2) - despite a few flaws, a mind-blowingly awesome figure; one of my top five 1/6 SW figs of all time
2. Snowtrooper (bought 2) - one of the best (if not the best) 1/6 SW troopers ever made
3. ATAT driver - a major surprise; a little tall but super crisp/clean paint apps and armor sculpt and a killer EX "Kenner-style" rifle

Honorable mention - 4-LOM (incredible fig, but points taken for re-use of 3PO body parts.):dunno

I would have added Tarkin in the top 3, but he got disqualified because he's so new and therefore in default "fave" status. :lecture

1-Deluxe Jyn - outstanding figure. So many options.
2-Snowtrooper - oh the Kenner nostalgia
3-RO Vader - Big and menacing (and the fixed the gloves!)
HM-Shoretrooper - Just different enough to pop out on the shelf

Of the figures I received last year:

1. Hot Toys Yoda- essential character and a good figure.
2. Hot Toys Jyn Erso (Deluxe Edition)- really intricate outfit and cool accessories. Has a lot of good display options.
3. Hot Toys Death Star Gunner- personal favorite Trooper design.

Counting only figures that were new in 2017 I'll say these (like olympics podium).

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

I read it as in any item you purchased in 2017, not just made in 2017. That is a good looking shelf though! Glanced real quick and wondered why you had a Palpatine head just laying in front of the Death Trooper and then noticed the rest of the figure.

My top three buys last year
1. Camouflage Tumbler
2. Nightmare Batman
3. Batpod
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thread is for Top 3 SW

I read it as in any item you purchased in 2017, not just made in 2017. That is a good looking shelf though! Glanced real quick and wondered why you had a Palpatine head just laying in front of the Death Trooper and then noticed the rest of the figure.

Thread is for Top 3 SW

Sorry I only bought one figure last year cause my vehicles cost too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a hard list since I purchased all the OT HT figures last year but here are my three favorites

RO Darth Vader
ANH Stormtrooper
ANH Princess Leia

Dang... got a lot last year.

HT Snowtrooper - been waiting for a better one since SS and I love this. Wish the boots were a bit better and the cloth was whiter but hey..

HT Death Star Gunner - been wanting this for like ever!

AT-AT Driver from SS - awesome all around and been waiting for it. The tie fighter pilots are home runs as well.

Can’t really pick three, but I did get a chance to make a (personal) special purchase.
My brother came over to visit, with his wife. She loved the SW figures on display, and one in particular.
So on their last day , I disappeared during lunch for a bit, and picked up a Star Wars Chewie for her.
She’d said that was her favorite so, I had my local shop keep one aside for me.

Getting the figures for ourselves is cool, but it was really neat to get one that someone else really likes.
Therefore that was my favorite SW HT purchase of 2017.

Really took care of my backlog last year.. Bought roughly 25 Star Wars 1/6 Figures :horror

- Hot Toys Princess Leia (just love that headsculpt)
- Sideshow General Grievous (personal holy grail)
- Sideshow Darth Maul (just love the character

pictures, because i dont spam them often enough :p

Instagram_023_HT_SW_Leia_03.jpg

Instagram_026_HT_SW_Leia_04.jpg

Instagram_001_SS_Star_Wars_Darth_Maul_01_V2.jpg

No pictures of Grievous yet, since posing him is a 10 day job. He was also the best deal i got this year, paid $200 for him. Has the rubber issue but you only notice it when you try your best. Other great deals i got where the First Order Snowtrooper Pack, First Order Stormtrooper pack and Phasma. Paid a little bit over $500 for those 5.

After the top 3 i think it's the Rogue One figure selection, love all figures from that line.

I'll play.

No.1: Sideshow Collectables Luke Skywalker Rogue Group Snowspeeder Pilot

W7Q8d9i.jpg

No. 2: Hot Toys Snowtrooper (E-Web also arrived in my collection this year and compliments the figures very well)

2jo0MCP.jpg

No. 3: Bandai Tamashii Nations Ashigaru Stormtrooper

U9rDqo6.jpg
LhPt5bM.jpg

Honourable Mentions:

Hot Toys Death Star Gunner

FCgkAbI.jpg

Hot Toys K2SO

eCjjU8J.jpg

Bandai Tamashii Nations Sohei Darth Maul

8hatrjw.jpg

And I think a special mention should also go to Jazzinc for his fantastic environments that makes these figures come alive.

aXppON0.jpg
35hNe41.jpg

Really took care of my backlog last year.. Bought roughly 25 Star Wars 1/6 Figures :horror

- Hot Toys Princess Leia (just love that headsculpt)
- Sideshow General Grievous (personal holy grail)
- Sideshow Darth Maul (just love the character

pictures, because i dont spam them often enough :p

Instagram_023_HT_SW_Leia_03.jpg

Instagram_026_HT_SW_Leia_04.jpg

Instagram_001_SS_Star_Wars_Darth_Maul_01_V2.jpg

No pictures of Grievous yet, since posing him is a 10 day job. He was also the best deal i got this year, paid $200 for him. Has the rubber issue but you only notice it when you try your best. Other great deals i got where the First Order Snowtrooper Pack, First Order Stormtrooper pack and Phasma. Paid a little bit over $500 for those 5.

After the top 3 i think it's the Rogue One figure selection, love all figures from that line.

Wow That Maul pic!!!:horror :clap:clap:clap

15 months ago I wasn't sold on these designs - but these 3 turned out insanely good!

I’d have to go with

1.RO Vader. Damn thing is menacing on the shelf. Him and my Asmus Saurumon get the most comments.
2. Darth Maul; Duel on Naboo. One of my favourite characters hands down. The headsculpt seeths hate compared to the first one.
3. Commander Wolffe. Older figure but a grail for me. The two headsculpts are amazing. The one with the eye implant is done well enough, facebook tries to tag people with its head.

Slow year for SW for me. Focused mostly on the Asmus LoTR and the AvP Preds 1/6 scale wise. This year might be a different story. Hoping to get a Wolfpack trooper, The Emperor, couple Royal guards and maybe a Praet Guard or two.

Back