What was your favourite Superhero movie of 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What was the best Superhero Blockbuster of 2011?

• Captain America

Votes: 36 35.6%
  • Thor

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • X-Men first class

Votes: 32 31.7%
  • Green Lantern

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
I voted Thor. But Captain America had the better beginning, only to fizzle out about halfway through. Thor kept me interested from beginning to end. Great Flick!

Gotta say Cap was my favorite this year just edging out First Class on the list. Both were fine films and when its said and done, First Class was actually the better film, more refined and polished that's for sure. But Cap was just gloriously a comic book come to life and made no bones about it. It reveled in the history and iconography of that character and his story and was a purer superhero story. Thor (which I thought was going to be absolute ____ turned out to be pretty damn great in its own right) rounds out my list--I'm not counting that piece of ____ Green Lantern. DC once again strikes out and if it wasn't for Chris Nolan, they would not even be on the radar screen with any worthy films. That's really sad too. I just hope Man of Steel can duplicate half the success of Nolan's Batman franchise otherwise DC/WB may be in a whole helluva lot of trouble.

I just saw Cap yesterday, so that could be making me a bit biased. But I love a good 40's piece, and Cap delivered.

But the three Marvel movies are neck and neck and neck. I'd probably go:

Cap
First Class
Thor

But that order could easily change the next time I watch either of them. I do think Cap will hold the top spot for me.

It's amazing how spoiled we are, that we got three comic movies of this level of quality this summer. And Green Lantern.

Voted Thor, though Cap and X-Men were both damn cool. Pretty impressive year for Marvel with all three being really good Super-Hero flicks.... Bring on Spider-Man, Avengers, IM 3 and Thor 2!! (And to a lesser degree GR:SOV.... I'm praying it's better than the first!)

Definitely Thor for me! That movie had it all, story, actors, characters, acting, action, humor, music, the whole vibe... it was pretty much perfect to me.
Cap and X-Men: FC were great as well, but both of them had some minor points that just could have been better in my opinion.

Captain America, First Class, Thor

Excited for the avengers movie

I have to go with First Class as the best. The Cap and Thor are close, but I'd give the edge a slight edge to Cap. Green Lantern was terrible. I think I checked my watch about 15 times to see if the movie was close to over.

GL's final battle just plain sucked. It was OK for an origins film, but the final fight seriously ruined it. Plus Hector was a wimp.

Thor spent most of the movie powerless, which makes for a lame SUPER hero.

Captain America forgot to include an ending with it, so an incomplete movie can't be the winner.

By default, X-men wins. Best overall movie, storyline, characters, etc. The rest had their good moments, but the things I mentioned above kept them from taking the gold.

Back