What statue made you start collecting this hobby? Which is the one??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

comicbookguy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all, I know this hobby is expensive and no one wants to start with it right away. So what statue made you decide that you will get into this very expensive hobby? So when you saw it, you said damn!!!!!! I must have this one. Then the rest is history. For me the statue that made me say I must have this was my very first one, which is the she hulk reg PF version. I missed the ex long ago. But I was blown away by the size and the sculpt / pose was sexy and strong. I wanted it so bad that I took the plunge. Then as you know the rest is history and now Im in full force. How about you all? Which is the one that you got that started it all? :clap

I started collecting statues with my pre-order of the 1/4 SS Big Chap Maquette. I love the franchise. So I thought what the hell? I'll just buy one big statue and call it quits. Boy was I wrong. The wait for the Big Chap maquette was so long that I couldn't wait to get my hands on an Alien piece. So in the mean time I hunted down and aquired all the SS 1/4 Alien statues that they made (along with a bunch of other Alien related products from different manurfactures.).

Needless to say. My first order became my last Alien statue order, lol. Becuease, of all the damn delays I had enough time to buy mostly everything I needed before big Chap even came out! Thanks SS, lol

Dude this thread is pretty much the same as the one you made the other day?

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4853436#post4853436
?? I think these questions are different enough to warrant separate threads.

What statue made you start collecting this hobby?
What statue have you bought that is still stunning to you since day 1?

My first was Ashi-taka riding Yakul. I saw it on display in Akihabara during my trip to Japan and had to have it.

Milo_Ketsueki12608368681.jpg

Wow! I didn't even ever think that anything like that Ashi-taka existed! So cool. I love all things Miyazaki.

My first statue that started me into all this though, was a Palisades Alien statue, which I still have.

My first Sideshow piece was the Alien diorama, which I preordered at SDCC...

I was hunting for The Balrog after seeing the LOTR movie and stumbled onto the Sideshow site. Been hooked ever since. So long ago that Sideshow doesn't even have a digital record of our transaction. I think I musta called that one in.

I always wanted a realistic model of Metal Gear Rex. Two years ago I search for Rex online and I find 3a's pre production pics. It looked promising, but as I was searching I came across this guy:

41Ave0A3gUL.jpg

For a couple months I would look at it everyday and just never get tired of it. I'd be taken a back by its beauty on a daily basis. I guess its the sense of satisfaction that came with that piece that led me into the hobby. Damn shame too because I like having money....

Back