What Should I Do?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the price you will pay now will most certainly take a deep dip once the announcements are made.unless you just like giving away money for no good reason

You know, if the figure means that much to you, then go get it. Even if there are improvements (and there will be) in the inevitable re-release then this figure may still mean more if it symbolizes something special to you.

I certainly understand the impulse to buy something you have been wanting a long time. With the way that Hot Toys prices dip a little shortly after release, most of us are guilty of paying an "impatience tax" to have the figures we want when the initially come out. Your "impatience tax" just seems high because of the cost and likely improvements a few months down the line. If you are willing to pay that tax then I don't see a problem with that.

However, you should ask yourself if you will experience regret if A) a new figure is announced in the next three months (I believe it will be announced in this timeframe) and B)the value of DX02 drops dramatically (possibly $200 or less). If you are okay with both of those things then I say go for it and don't look back. If those things give you pause, then definitely wait.

I thought that prices on DX02 could only go up? Is there a chance they could drop

I looked at the price before i gave my opinion. For that price $375 (not $500-$700) it is a pretty solid deal. I don't see dx2 ever going under $300 unless they do a exact remake which they won't. The sticky bomb gun, sonar head, and backpack most likely won't come with TDKR release and those items alone are pretty pricey if you buy them separate. I could totally see these 3 things alone worth big bucks even after TDKR comes and goes. $375 isn't that big of a gamble as far as fear of loosing money is concerned (if its a gamble at all) however most importantly OP loves the figure and wants to own it. As a guy who owns the fig and also loves it i can see why. I haven't seen TDKR Bats yet, nobody has, so i'm not going to tell the guy to wait for something that may or may not be better, hell it could turn out to be a straight rerelease of dx2 with different accessories costing $250 or god forbid more. Which brings us back to the sticky bomb gun, sonar head, backpack. These things have value.

:exactly::goodpost: Like I said in the DX02 thread, I just got mine in the mail yesterday for under $400 and I think it's worth every penny when u have it in hand. It gives u that WOW factor compared to the other two HT Batmans I own, IMO. My saying is, "Buy what makes you happy". :wink1:

If I were you i would wait until the TDKR figures have been released. They are making figures in that line in 1/6th scale and 1/4th scale format. And im sure they will improve batman over the earlier versions.

I thought that prices on DX02 could only go up? Is there a chance they could drop

When Hot Toys releases a better version of the figure, the prices WILL drop. Who would pay astronomical prices for an inferior figure when a better one exists? If you look at any other figure Hot Toys had updated or re-released, the original figure saw a drop in value, and especially so when that value was inflated much like the DX02.

Of course, Hot Toys may not release a better figure and just re-release the same figure as the DX02. If that is the case then the value will drop but probably not nearly as much. However, I very much believe they will release a better figure because A) the DX02 design has a bad rep for leaky abs B) the aesthetic flaws of DX02 (skinny neck, inaccurate cowl) really date the figure and make it inferior to their recent releases and C) Batman is one of their flagship lines and they will not pass up the opportunity to release a version that even previous owners of the DX02 won't be able to pass up.

I'm in much the same boat, considering the DX02 just before the inevitable announcement of a new Nolan Batman figure for TDKR, based on the same Batsuit. I think what sells it for me is the accessories.

I can't see Nolan repeating himself with kit like the folded-up-cape/backpack, the sonar-vision nor the sticky bomb gun (possibly the coolest bat gadget of them all) in TDKR, and we've already seen at least one new piece of kit the TDKR Batman will doubtless be packing (the terrifying LED cannon).

So if those TDK accessories are part of what sells this figure to you I say go for it - if you're not so bothered with them then pass until later in the year.

I have made my decision, I am ordering the Batman Begins/Bruce Wayne figure.
Thanks to everyone on here for helping me make my decision. The logical thing to do is hold off for TDKR, so that is what i will do.
Thanks everyone! :):clap

The giant googly eyes of the PERS and the scrawny neck offset the killer accessories. And then there's always the "leaking abs" drama - wait for a new release, bud.

I have made my decision, I am ordering the Batman Begins/Bruce Wayne figure.
Thanks to everyone on here for helping me make my decision. The logical thing to do is hold off for TDKR, so that is what i will do.
Thanks everyone! :):clap

Great decison!

Idk, I love my DX02 don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't buy it again at these prices or anything higher than what I paid for it ($210) especially now knowing that a new version is inevitable. I mean look at how HT has re-released the MKII with improvements and has the MK1 (new HS, flame and base) already up for PO. I mean even IF it's an almost an outright re-release, HT will give it something new that makes it that much more desirable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back