What Should I Do?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE this figure so bad and could honestly pay $400 for a second one! I payed over $700 for mine and have no regrets and no intention of selling it - ever!!!
I would buy it! :)

I would cry if i didn't own my dx2 with Bale sculpt anymore. I think it is a fair price in euro's, regardless of TDKR merchandise. This is a official and definitive collectible from what will most likely be the best Batman movie ever, TDK. I say go for it.

Some of you guys are the reason why scalpers thrive and why secondary market prices are so high. Not that that's a bad thing, you're entitled to do what you want with your cash, but it seems like none of you have maximum ceiling prices. I know a handful missed out but common sense would tell me that, when I see all these rereleases and the TDK suit returning for TDKR, to simply wait until TDKR for a figure I want (that'll most likely be improved).

I don't know how anyone could feel good about dropping $400-$700 on a single figure. I have the money to blow on thousands dollars worth of collectibles but I can't see myself finding it to be worthwhile.

I mean, people _____ and moan that "oh, Indy, Keaton Batman and Jack Joker are way too expensive at $250 dollars" but you can throw down major $$$ on an older figure that at one time had a low MSRP? Granted, I own two DX 02 Batman figures that I bought before they sky rocketed in price, but even if I missed out, logically I just can't see myself dropping that kind of dough on one.

Last edited:
TDKR version for sure. Why pay almost double the price for a soon to be obsolete version?

"know when to hold 'em..."

be patient, and wait, unless you have endle$$

I personally will wait for the next version.

Patience is a virtue in this Hot Toys Collecting nowadays, I always feel a spur to impulse buy an older figure but I have resist temptations so far as there is a whole bunch of HT collectibles coming on pre-order for me this year, :)

What Should I Do?
Everyone said:

ben_stiller_do_it.gif

Last edited:
Some of you guys are the reason why scalpers thrive and why secondary market prices are so high. Not that that's a bad thing, you're entitled to do what you want with your cash, but it seems like none of you have maximum ceiling prices. I know a handful missed out but common sense would tell me that, when I see all these rereleases and the TDK suit returning for TDKR, to simply wait until TDKR for a figure I want (that'll most likely be improved).

I don't know how anyone could feel good about dropping $400-$700 on a single figure. I have the money to blow on thousands dollars worth of collectibles but I can't see myself finding it to be worthwhile.

I mean, people _____ and moan that "oh, Indy, Keaton Batman and Jack Joker are way too expensive at $250 dollars" but you can throw down major $$$ on an older figure that at one time had a low MSRP? Granted, I own two DX 02 Batman figures that I bought before they sky rocketed in price, but even if I missed out, logically I just can't see myself dropping that kind of dough on one.

I looked at the price before i gave my opinion. For that price $375 (not $500-$700) it is a pretty solid deal. I don't see dx2 ever going under $300 unless they do a exact remake which they won't. The sticky bomb gun, sonar head, and backpack most likely won't come with TDKR release and those items alone are pretty pricey if you buy them separate. I could totally see these 3 things alone worth big bucks even after TDKR comes and goes. $375 isn't that big of a gamble as far as fear of loosing money is concerned (if its a gamble at all) however most importantly OP loves the figure and wants to own it. As a guy who owns the fig and also loves it i can see why. I haven't seen TDKR Bats yet, nobody has, so i'm not going to tell the guy to wait for something that may or may not be better, hell it could turn out to be a straight rerelease of dx2 with different accessories costing $250 or god forbid more. Which brings us back to the sticky bomb gun, sonar head, backpack. These things have value.

Don't overpay. You'll regret it later when something new (and most probably better) is released. Do as you please anyway.

Don't overpay. You'll regret it later when something new (and most probably better) is released. Do as you please anyway.

seen ht prices and volume lately? we are all already overpaying. freaks can't even get rid of sparrow for $225 shipped. superman can be had for cheap on the bay etc..

seen ht prices and volume lately? we are all already overpaying. freaks can't even get rid of sparrow for $225 shipped. superman can be had for cheap on the bay etc..

Oh, of course! You doubted it? But that is a different discussion...really wanna get into that? ;)

No disrespect to anyone guys, but i think i am going to take it!:gah:

It just seems to good to pass up for a figure i want so badly. I do not want to wait another few months for TDKR HotToys and i do not think there will be a re-release anytime soon either.

But I thank everyone who helped me with their opinions, it means alot.

True, but it is the first DX bats and i have saved my money for quite a while to get one. Thanks for all of you guys help, i really appreciate it! Il probably still get one anyways, a good start to my HT collection. And i inquired, it is DCD hard abs version.

Would you guys recomend a different Batman HT?

I have three DX02's in my collection and all of them are the hard abs version. They are still in excellent shape and don't regret buying them, but I did purchase them at regular cost. Not the high prices on ebay.

Like I said earlier. There is always room for improvement with this figure and waiting for the TDKR version would most likely be the way to go. You can get it on preorder, whenever that will be :impatient:, and get it for a better price. Also, there maybe some major improvements.

The bottom line is... You need to do what makes you happy, so ultimately it is going to be your decision on what Batman you would like to purchase for your collection. :)

You know, if the figure means that much to you, then go get it. Even if there are improvements (and there will be) in the inevitable re-release then this figure may still mean more if it symbolizes something special to you.

I certainly understand the impulse to buy something you have been wanting a long time. With the way that Hot Toys prices dip a little shortly after release, most of us are guilty of paying an "impatience tax" to have the figures we want when the initially come out. Your "impatience tax" just seems high because of the cost and likely improvements a few months down the line. If you are willing to pay that tax then I don't see a problem with that.

However, you should ask yourself if you will experience regret if A) a new figure is announced in the next three months (I believe it will be announced in this timeframe) and B) the value of DX02 drops dramatically (possibly $200 or less). If you are okay with both of those things then I say go for it and don't look back. If those things give you pause, then definitely wait.

save your money...HT has hinted at a re release of the DX02

They have? What did they say? I know it is inevitable but I didn't know they had actually said anything on the subject.

They may be re-releasing the DX01 and 02, but I'm sure they will have different accessories from the originals so maybe it's better to keep the figures or if you can get them at a good price then go for it.

save your money and wait. that way you will be able to buy BM and Bane for a couple extra bucks when the new goodies get releaesed or rereleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back