What Should I Collect? What do you Collect? Why?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak for others, but me, I'm glad I got the girl first and the dolly-collecting habit second ;)

:lol Well I knew I had a good girl the first time I saw her room and she has FF figures displayed on her shelf and boxed!

Oh and the collection of Kung Fu movies was icing on the cake :rock

I suggest you chill and not stress too much about finding new stuff to collect because if you continue to visit these collecting forums, your collecting habits WILL expand, mutate, evolve...100% guaranteed. The more crucial question you'll be asking us in 12 mths is how to limit your collecting!

You seem like the computer gaming / comic book collecting type of guy. So marvel premium format and hot toys marvel/gaming figures will take up all your time, money and space...your plate is already full.

So as a helpful collector, I suggest you restrict yourself to the marvel and video games forums. Browse the others at your own Financial peril.

Enjoy.

First, you getta' da moany, den you getta' da wohman, den you getta' da powar, or somsing like dat! :lol:wink1:

Get what you really like! :)

It is a good question. But you ultimately have to answer for your self. Your hobby will evolve. I bought things that I thought were cool looking years ago, but had no interest in the particular comic, anime, movie...etc. I bought because it looked cool to me. For example, I love the Hellraiser movies and have a nice collection of the 7" Neca lines and display them. I also enjoyed the look of Clive Barkers Tortured Souls: the Fallen and displayed those. I also bought 2 12" versions which I got at 75% off at Spencers or something years ago. Just last night, I was boxing them back up and really took a look at the detailed gore and macabre and felt guilty about it, why? I am trying to make room, possibly sell to help fund other purchasethe even now, I am considering selling my New Line Horror SS 1/6 figures, Highlander and old Neca Reservoir Dogs to make room and lessen the guilt of spending $. I've probably got over $2k in PO at SS. But as many here do, we like the proto, then PO and if you don't like it cancel or buy and sell it in the secondary market. But don't be a speculator. These are meant to be enjoyed. I make a darn good living, but have a family and expenses and no other hobbies. I have literally sold $1200 of crap on eBay in the past month to fund this hobby. that was blown yesterday buying P1, Dutch, Barney Ross and T2 T800...I think limiting based on space and budget is a wise move. Good luck.

I've collected everything, comic books, game worn hockey jerseys, dvds, this is my second go round with toys. I recall that I bagged women at a pretty good rate while being surrounded by my toys in my studio apartment.
Don't buy into that whole 40 year old virgin thing. He sold all his toys for Catherine Keener for God's Sake!

Just get what you like, and don't just collect for collecting's sake. don't buy stuff that you're not totally into or you'll see your bank account go empty fast.

Collect money! Then you can collect anything!

Last week I tried flipping the 100 dollar bill I got way back in '98, and guess what I got for it? 100 bucks. I shoulda stuck with coins, my 5 cents back in the day would've got me over 4 mill today :slap

eliasberg-lee-1913-5c.jpg

I collect DVDs/Blurays and Hot Toys!!!

I just read the stuff about women. Sure money helps and good looks could help a lot to, but are not essential to get a girlfriend. I think self confidence is very important...but its all about being yourself and be proud of it. Dont be ashamed of your hobbies or your interests just focus on her, what she likes or dislikes, interests etc. Girls are usually much more insecure than men, thats why they like a secure man..so just let her be herself, pass a good time and try to win her confidence. If a girl doesnt like you for your hobbie, its obvious its not worth or simply is not one you would like to be with.

your topic even shows how insecure you could be...I dont criticize cause Ive been there...but "What should I collect?" come on! get what you want. Why would you want to buy stuff just because most of the people like it? if its an investment ok, but dont waste your time trying to please people. btw Girls like men who know what they want. good luck.

Fo Sho! Don't collect stuff for collecting sake or because you think it is worth something or going to be worth something. Any episode of Pawn Stars will prove that. When I was collecting game worn hockey jerseys I had a friend who would always call me and ask how much could he get for this and that player. I told him that he should always buy stuff he likes and even though it may be worth X amount of dollars he might not get X amount of dollars.

First, you getta' da moany, den you getta' da wohman, den you getta' da powar, or somsing like dat! :lol:wink1:

Get what you really like! :)

First you getta' da moany,
den you getta' all the collectible statues and figures you can buy,
Then you getta no wohman

:wink1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back