What Should I Collect? What do you Collect? Why?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChunkyZergling

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi,

Let me tell you a little about my collecting history. I love Blizzard Entertainment computer games, everyone of them. I collected every Blizzard Action Figure starting with the 1998 Protoss Zealot and Hydralisk all the way to the current PVC World of Warcraft action figures (which are great).

I began to broaden my collecting interests. I bought a load of Spawn figures within the last year or two because they look amazing and I absolutely love Spawn comics. I loved Spiderman and Batman so next I bought some of their statues.

Also I broadened it by buying non-PVC figures. Now I much prefer collecting resin or polystone statues rather than PVC figures. I also like getting non-mass produced expensive figures that will probably appreciate in value. This is my current collecting interest. The cool statues I own are the Spiderman vs Venom SideShow, Diablo III, Tychus Findlay, WOW polystone SideShow, a Bowen porcelain Batman from 1992 worth $600-$700, and a $200 Spawn resin statue.

I was thinking of broadening my collecting interests more. So far I have only bought statues and figures about games and comics and things I really really love. I mean love! However, should I expand my collecting interest? I played the first Tomb Raider video game; think I beat it or got very close. I don't really really love the game, I just like it quite a bit. But the new Tomb Raider statue looks amazing! I'd love to have it. Should I buy it? Should I start buying figures that just look cool? I like Resident Evil, played the original and Code Veronica. I played with Jill Valentine in the first game but never played the 5th game which is what her figure is based on. Her figure looks amazing but I never played the game, not sure if I should buy it... Also my mom really dislikes these big SideShow figures and my room is becoming pretty full of them. I don't have a girlfriend now, but if I get one what the ____ will she think if she sees my room? lol Will people think I am a "freak"? Should I not give a ____? Any opinions welcome. Ok, should I buy the Jill Valentine and Tomb Raider? Why or why not? Sorry for the length of this post. Thanks.

-Adam

Last edited:
We can only say buy what you like. This is too expensive of a hobby to buy things everyone else says is cool but that you will regret later because it didn't really interest you that much in the first place.

And don't worry about the girlfriend. If she is a girl worth keeping she will be ok with the collection... just don't bring it up on a first date. :)

We can only say buy what you like. This is too expensive of a hobby to buy things everyone else says is cool but that you will regret later because it didn't really interest you that much in the first place.

And don't worry about the girlfriend. If she is a girl worth keeping she will be ok with the collection... just don't bring it up on a first date. :)

Thanks. Should I buy the things that really interest me even if they are from video games I like, not love?

In my opinion, you'd be better off buying just the best of the best, and keeping your collection a bit more exclusive/limited. If you buy everything, it just looks like a cluttered room.

As for the chicks ... if you're rich and/or really good in the sack, she won't care about your toys.

SnakeDoc

^^ Women don't care about those things so much. They want guys who are self confident and have influence. Money is usually a function of influence. That's how you get a woman under your thumb. If you just have money and no real power in your dealings with other people, then they'll only pretend they like you and hang out with someone more "important" behind your back.

IMO.

So as not to sound sexist, I think men are also very simplistic, and that there are very simple and effective strategies that women can and do employ in order to control and manipulate men. I've seen it all time and again.

^^ Women don't care about those things so much. They want guys who are self confident and have influence. Money is usually a function of influence. That's how you get a woman under your thumb. If you just have money and no real power in your dealings with other people, then they'll only pretend they like you and hang out with someone more "important" behind your back.

IMO.

Thats why I mentioned the "good in the sack" thing. Talk about power.

SnakeDoc

Collect what you like not what other think you should like. You will enjoy your collection so much more.

Also know your limitations. It is easy to get over your head with the costs. I only get must haves.

Collect what you like not what other think you should like. You will enjoy your collection so much more.

Also know your limitations. It is easy to get over your head with the costs. I only get must haves.

who took over evil's screen name???...............:panic:

Hi,

Let me tell you a little about my collecting history. I love Blizzard Entertainment computer games, everyone of them. I collected every Blizzard Action Figure starting with the 1998 Protoss Zealot and Hydralisk all the way to the current PVC World of Warcraft action figures (which are great).

I began to broaden my collecting interests. I bought a load of Spawn figures within the last year or two because they look amazing and I absolutely love Spawn comics. I loved Spiderman and Batman so next I bought some of their statues.

Also I broadened it by buying non-PVC figures. Now I much prefer collecting resin or polystone statues rather than PVC figures. I also like getting non-mass produced expensive figures that will probably appreciate in value. This is my current collecting interest. The cool statues I own are the Spiderman vs Venom SideShow, Diablo III, Tychus Findlay, WOW polystone SideShow, a Bowen porcelain Batman from 1992 worth $600-$700, and a $200 Spawn resin statue.

I was thinking of broadening my collecting interests more. So far I have only bought statues and figures about games and comics and things I really really love. I mean love! However, should I expand my collecting interest? I played the first Tomb Raider video game; think I beat it or got very close. I don't really really love the game, I just like it quite a bit. But the new Tomb Raider statue looks amazing! I'd love to have it. Should I buy it? Should I start buying figures that just look cool? I like Resident Evil, played the original and Code Veronica. I played with Jill Valentine in the first game but never played the 5th game which is what her figure is based on. Her figure looks amazing but I never played the game, not sure if I should buy it... Also my mom really dislikes these big SideShow figures and my room is becoming pretty full of them. I don't have a girlfriend now, but if I get one what the ____ will she think if she sees my room? lol Will people think I am a "freak"? Should I not give a ____? Any opinions welcome. Ok, should I buy the Jill Valentine and Tomb Raider? Why or why not? Sorry for the length of this post. Thanks.

-Adam

Give up collecting.:wave
Thats the best advice I can give you.:wink1:

P.S. And for those guys who tell him "collect whatever you like" I don't think it does help him as he wouldnt post this thread if he knew what he actually liked.:wink1:

Not to sound like a broken record, but I agree with everyone who has said just collect whatever you like. If you like Blizzard, then collect Blizzard products (if there are any, I have no idea). Don't just collect random figures because not only will you be digging your own financial grave, but you also won't get the satisfaction of building your own collection that you can take pride in, especially a collection that represents your interests and subjects you like.

But to each his own, do whatever your heart desires ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back