What should be the next Hot Toys DX figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think the rubber bodies are bad as people make them out to be, but it does restrict articulation a lot! Ive never had any problems with my figures that have muscle bodies. But I do agree, a hirsute body might be the way to go. He would have WAY more articulation. But I doubt we will see a Hulk figure any time soon, let alone a DX hulk figure.

I'd like to see a DX Hellboy with a hirsute body. :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

i'll go with captain jack since i wasn't on board with HT when he came out the 1st time...i know it's selfish, but oh well. :D

but that's part of the fun of collecting. hunting those rare items down. ok, actually it's no fun at all. but with some effort, i've always managed to find what i missed out. maybe it's a lot later than i had hoped, but things always show up eventually.

well, i certainly hope that the stuff i am looking for eventually turns up, in good condition AND at a price i can afford. cos that's the other thing about the after-market, the prices can sometimes be too exorbitant. i'm willing to pay good money for something i want badly, but i'm not rich and sometimes it's simply out of my reach. :(

so the other advantage of a dx or re-release/2nd chance is it allows those who missed out the first time round to get it at attainable prices. this applies more for bigger items like statues and 1:1 replicas though. they can get ridiculously expensive once they're sold out.

if HT is serious about wanting everybody not to miss out on their products, they could always re-release their initial figure for the late collectors, right? if you want to keep upgrading your products down the line, it's only courteous to inform your customers in advance, so we'll know if we want to wait or buy the current version.

but that's not what they're doing now, is it? those who bought BR joker and went back to get the v1 just for the purple suit must feel like suckers now. if they're serious about pleasing old n new collectors, there's a fair way to do this: just release the upgrades separately. those who want to buy just the purple coat, or just the PERS head, or just the cop costume, should be able to do that. dont need to cram in another tt body to jack up the price. money is great, sure, but customers's confidence n goodwill can go a long way.

that's why i think the battle-damaged iron man is a step in the right direction. many folks agree that it's a dx in all but name. but the difference is that they have added enough new material to justify its existence as a stand-alone release and not just a lazy rehash (cash-in).

i'd like to believe hot toys is realizing its mistakes (eg: joker) and now understands that short term cash-ins will eventually ruin long-term profits. no business outfit can survive if it alienates its target audience.

Robocop DX!!!

I love this idea, it could be similar to the TDK DX02 Batman release. It could come with a better articulated body, 2 sculpts, one with a removable helmet with the PERS eyeball system and the other the standard helmeted look. It could also come with 3 interchangeable mouth pieces too.

This is very realistic imo ................maybe even a switchable BD chest peice too.

Hot Toys? Are you reading this? :DO IT!

I want a dx batman original costume from TDK with (accurate) bruce wayne head and suit with extra true type

i love this idea, it could be similar to the tdk dx02 batman release. It could come with a better articulated body, 2 sculpts, one with a removable helmet with the pers eyeball system and the other the standard helmeted look. It could also come with 3 interchangeable mouth pieces too.

This is very realistic imo ................maybe even a switchable bd chest peice too.

Hot toys? Are you reading this? :do it!

please hot toys do it!!!!!

John McClane
Matrix - Morpheous and the Twins!!!!
Keaton Batman
Family Guy haha
A good Two Face figure - I didn't like the first
Modern Warfare figures
Star Wars
Lord of the Rings

I hope HT tried for other Pitt properties while going for Inglourious Basterds.

Fight Club tyler durden!!!!!!!!!!!!! They could make a DX of it, spikey haired, red leather jacket, and shaved head, mink coat.

JACK SPARROW DX with pers eyes :)

I think sparrow is pretty much a given.

Next in line is probably iron man. And if they do spiderman, hed be next.

it would have to be the a-team (tv series not the upcoming film) i would like to see tackled, imagine a howling mad murdock with pers!

after that the back to the future trilogy would be great

I love this idea, it could be similar to the TDK DX02 Batman release. It could come with a better articulated body, 2 sculpts, one with a removable helmet with the PERS eyeball system and the other the standard helmeted look. It could also come with 3 interchangeable mouth pieces too.

This is very realistic imo ................maybe even a switchable BD chest peice too.

Hot Toys? Are you reading this? :DO IT!

Good idea but honestly, how many eye positions does a dead robot man need? And PERS would be wasted on a figure that 99% of people will have displayed with the helmet on. He did not have many different mouth expressions either, even when angry (unlike Batman). The idea for a BD is great tho, I'd love to see it but it seems to not make as much sense as say, Terminator or Jack Sparrow.

Back