What movie moments made you so emotional you felt the need to shed a tear? *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WurstCollector

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello fellow freaks,

I wanted to start this thread solely due to the fact that I was reminded yesterday of how much I enjoy movies. It came down to pure nostalgia for me last night when I watched Flight of the Navigator (1986). Growing up loving this movie, I quickly was able to relate to the main character David for the following reasons:

My name is David
I have a huge forest behind my house
I also had a bratty younger brother at the time

As a kid I remember watching this movie and getting really emotional when David returns home from falling in the pit, and everything has "changed". Joey Cramer really played a believable role. Especially the scene when he is first admitted to the hospital. There are many others that get me all the time upon numerous viewings. Do any of you guys have any movie moments that have made you emotional? Whether its the great acting, relatable character, or just the tone of the scene . . .

Re: What movie moments made you so emotional you felt the need to shed a tear?

Some obvious one's

Carl and Ellie's marriage in Up

When Sam said he'd carry Frodo up Mount Doom

Bruce Willis Death in Armageddon

The little girl giving away Jessie in Toy Story 2

The death of Mufasa in The Lion King

When Prof X gets shot in X-Men First Class

When the Superman Theme plays when Superman saves Lois for the first time (this one was out of Joy)

When Andy Dufrane crawls out of the sgit tunnel in Shawshank resdemption

There's others, but those come just off the top of my head.

(P.D good thread, don't feel bad if people talk **** like they do on CZ's threads :1-1:)

Elephant man, John Wayne's death in The Shootist...I knew deep down after watching this back in the day it would be his last film, Patriot...theres so many

1. Frodo's Good Bye
2. The death of the old couple in Notebook
3. The Shawshank Redemption - when the old man got released but couldnt face life anymore and took is life
4. The Wrestler ... you know
5. Schindler's Liste
6. Finale of 6 Feet under

there might be more but thats what I just remembered..

there is a thread like this one already right? I remember writing in it about the movies that were cry inducing.

In Step Brothers when Brennan rubs his balls all over Dale's drum kit.

Last edited:

End of ROTK when the hobbits (edited because I'm a dum ass) are getting ready to bow to King Aragorn. He stops them and says something like, my friends you bow to no one. He then proceeds to bow to them followed soon after by everyone else. Big lump in the throat during that. End of Braveheart when Mel yells FREEDOM and his buddies both close their eyes like it's the sweetest music they've ever heard.

Last edited:

For some reason I cried at the end of Return of the King as well. and I swear it was a surprise cry,
Right after Frodo and Sam drop the ring and they are laying in the rocks with the lava around them, I thought for sure they were going to die there, But when I saw the eagles coming and Gandalf to rescue them it just made me cry. Out of nowhere, I don't know I guess I was so sure they were going to die that seeing them being rescued was too much.

Agreed on Braveheart.

Also the Notebook. Pretty sure I welled up for that one although I haven't watched it since.

Pay It Forward when Haley Joel Osments character is killed and all the people who started "paying it forward" because of him showed up to his moms house to give their respects.

In Step Brothers when Brennan rubbs his balls all over Dale's drum kit.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

One of Dale's best lines when they're fighting in the front yard (while crying) : "My drumset's a guy, so that makes you gay you f'r." :lol

I'm not a crier. So ... none.

My wife cries at bloody everything, though. Her latest was at Rick's reaction to Lori on The Walking Dead.

tumblr_mdacxhXvby1r9y0s2o1_500.png

SnakeDoc

^ Thanks for the ****ing huge Spoiler there ******* :mad:

What happened if you don't mind me asking as I don't know?

Snake had a fight with Liquid Ocelot, it was very reminiscent of their first fight years before and it was just powerful as each threw every punch like it was their last and both were exausted but refused to give up. Then there was a number of epilogues for the different characters like in ROTK and finally he was reunited with his father and finally got to rest.

Back