What movie everybody else hates but you love?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Starship troopers a lot. Might be guilty pleasure but I like watching it.

Starship Troopers satire on fascism goes over a lot of people's heads. They tend to take it seriously. I don't know about everyone else but seeing Doogie Howser as some sort of SciFi Gestapo was pretty funny.

I don't get the rage at Avatar. I admit it was a templated story that we've seen before. But it was impressive on a technical level and had some decent action.

Also a friend pointed out to me it has the ending we all wanted to see on ROTJ. Big forest battle, no cute teddy bears. If you think of the blue people as Wookies and the humans as the Empire it kinda rocks.

Total Recall the new one, when I hear people say they didn't like I just don't get it. I loved that movie...Kate Beckinsale was kick a--, I thought she was better as the antagonist than Michael Ironside and Sharon Stone...actually I think they combined the two to make her character. But anyways I loved the movie.

Looking at my shelves of blu-rays it appears that the only movies I own that most people "hate" are Green Lantern, Sucker Punch, Land of the Lost, and the SW PT.

The Chronicles of Narnia (all three)

Congo

Waterworld

Dragon Heart

Quantum of Solace

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Snow White and the Huntsman

The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Independence Day

I need to find ID4 and Waterworld on DVD for a reasonable price. Waited a lot of these other ones out and got them for great prices at under $5 each. Others I bought the day they came out.

Back