what Modern Day Horror Movie do you like Best

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what is your favorite modern day horror movie

• Cabin in the Woods

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Sinister

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Dawn of the Dead (snyder)

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • The Conjuring

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • 28 Days Later

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Evil Dead (remake)

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • The Hills Have Eyes (remake)

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • House of 1000 corpses

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • The Crazies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Strangers

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
thats a tough list to pick 1 from.
WHile I would put Cabin in the Woods near the top it doesnt feel like it belongs on the list. Its pure clichéd movie against the movies trying to be true horror.
Surprised the first TCM remake & Rec arent on there either..... :monkey1

Cabin in the Woods is a satire. It doesn't belong on that list for that reason alone.

Which is why I picked SLiTHER. Because it's better and more satisfying then that entire list.

The Conjuring is good. But it's not top 10 horror movies ever. It's for sure the best horror film of the year.

I like most of those movies, but most of them lack that sense of fun that I miss in horror films. I like my horror to be fun on some level. Even a film like Hills have Eyes is pretty fun at times. Especially during the later scenes.

Jeepers Creepers is good. It's got that sense of fun, as does The Descent.

Still haven't seen Dog Soldiers, and Silent Hill is pretty bad outside of the great, great visuals.

This is a pretty good list. I have my favorites, but it typically changes on my mood when watching them.
The Hills Have Eyes/Dawn of the Dead/Cabin in the Woods.

~~Favorites that aren't on the list: Feast and Slither.

Silent Hill is pretty bad outside of the great, great visuals.
I don't think SH is bad at all.
It has the right atmosphere, great visuals and good cast.
The plot was messed a lil and designs weren't true to the source but I couldn't expect less from US adaptation of the Japanese art.

Since "modern day" seems to mean the last 15 years or so in this poll, I'll go with Land of the Dead. I think that movie is extremely underrated, and may get overlooked because of some hammy acting and about a billion zombie movies that have come out over the last decade, but I think Romero still totally had it there and it is a really effective film with convincing performances and great special effects.

I would also rank Drag Me to Hell above most of those on the list I have seen.

Silent Hill works if you can just enjoy it for the mood and bat-****t-iness of the whole thing and ignore the story. I also liked Slither a'aight. Felt like a fun '80s comedy/horror movie should.

Easy choice for me, '28 Days Later', not only is it my favorite Horror film but it would easily be in my top 10 films.

I did enjoy 'Hills Have Eyes', 'The Descent' and 'Wrong Turn'.

The Dawn of the Dead remake. amazing

Trick r Treat. Amazing Halloween based movie

Ginger Snaps was really good.

This list reminded me that they rarely make any good horror films anymore... and that makes me sad.

Only one on the list that I like is 28 Days Later(Maybe DOTD Snyder remake but meh)

This list reminded me that they rarely make any good horror films anymore... and that makes me sad.

Only one on the list that I like is 28 Days Later(Maybe DOTD Snyder remake but meh)

I did a quick google search for horror films of the 2000s.

And yeah, most of them were crap. (and a lot of independent low budget crappy movies)

A lot of pg 13 crappy movies, remakes, I guess it is pretty bad.

Back