what Modern Day Horror Movie do you like Best

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what is your favorite modern day horror movie

• Cabin in the Woods

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Sinister

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Dawn of the Dead (snyder)

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • The Conjuring

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • 28 Days Later

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Evil Dead (remake)

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • The Hills Have Eyes (remake)

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • House of 1000 corpses

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • The Crazies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Strangers

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
Re: whats your Favorite Modern Day Horror Movie

There's a couple there that I like but House of 1000 corpses is just AWESOME!!!

Me and Kuzah are the only ones who've seen The Conjuring. So, that movie might not win based off that.

SLiTHER is my pick. Not on your list, but I don't care/

it is hard to choose between Cabin in the Woods and House of 1000 corpses

Sometimes I wonder if there is something I missed while watching The Strangers or if I just don't get it.

that movie was boring, slow and awful. I literally couldn't wait for the stupid thing to end and even know I barely remember anything going on.

A lot of people love that movie but I just don't get it. In my opinion Vacancy was a little bit better.

it is hard to choose between Cabin in the Woods and House of 1000 corpses

Sometimes I wonder if there is something I missed while watching The Strangers or if I just don't get it.

that movie was boring, slow and awful. I literally couldn't wait for the stupid thing to end and even know I barely remember anything going on.

A lot of people love that movie but I just don't get it. In my opinion Vacancy was a little bit better.

I totally agree with you on vacancy over strangers, I only added strangers because of its "cult" like following. I also like insidious more but left that off the list as well.

I also like devils rejects but that's more of a twisted action movie then horror in my opinion, plus its not as good as house of corpses (which is some crazy ****).

I totally agree with you on vacancy over strangers, I only added strangers because of its "cult" like following. I also like insidious more but left that off the list as well.

I also like devils rejects but that's more of a twisted action movie then horror in my opinion, plus its not as good as house of corpses (which is some crazy ****).

I don't mind people liking the movies they like. Some people hate House of 1000 corpses but I love it.

the thing I don't get about the Strangers is people talking like it is the best horror movie made in the last 2 decades. I don't really get that. it was pretty boring.

Sometimes I wonder if people that love the Strangers are not horror fans, so they love it because it is the closest they can get to "horror" without going too far (too far for them that is)

The Hills have eyes is a guilty pleasure for me. I love the transformation of the protagonist from a passive, non confrontational yuppie ***** into you take my baby, kill my wife and even my ******* inlaws, and I am gonna **** you all up, bash your skull in, and wipe all you in bread freaks off the face of the planet. Retribution at its finest.

Last edited:
Same here, The Hills Have Eyes is the one I chose. The original was already a great film but to have to follow in the footsteps of a classic and please everyone i think is a very difficult task. I wanted to pick Cabin in the Woods for originality but Hills Have Eyes is just so creepy and the most logical as far as real life scenario. Some of my other favorites are Jeepers Creepers, Hostel, Vacancy and Wrong Turn. IMO the best modern day Horror movie is Attack the Block, which some may say is more science fiction/action, but that movie had a lot of Horror elements to it, to me it felt like a modern day Critters.

Same here, The Hills Have Eyes is the one I chose. The original was already a great film but to have to follow in the footsteps of a classic and please everyone i think is a very difficult task. I wanted to pick Cabin in the Woods for originality but Hills Have Eyes is just so creepy and the most logical as far as real life scenario. Some of my other favorites are Jeepers Creepers, Hostel, Vacancy and Wrong Turn. IMO the best modern day Horror movie is Attack the Block, which some may say is more science fiction/action, but that movie had a lot of Horror elements to it, to me it felt like a modern day Critters.

I liked wrong turn, and jeepers creepers as well.

High Tension, The Decent and Cabin Fever are also worthy of mention and would have easily made the poll list had I added more options. All very good horror flicks

Last edited:
Jeepers Creepers is really good. I wonder if they are still making the third movie or not...

Not many. I loved Cabin Fever but I haven't seen it in a while.

Define "Modern Day". Last 10 years? 15? 20?

I thought Candy Man was awesome. Its an old movie but its modern compared to say...Frankenstein.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Not many. I loved Cabin Fever but I haven't seen it in a while.

Define "Modern Day". Last 10 years? 15? 20?

I thought Candy Man was awesome. Its an old movie but its modern compared to say...Frankenstein.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I was unfortunate enough to see Candy man when I Was little. Gave me nightmares for months.....

It wasn't even the character of Candy man that freaked me out. it was the sets they used. the dirtiness. The toilet scene......:( that movie really f'ed me up.

Back