What line are you collecting: Comiquette, Premium Format, or Maquette?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Marvel line are you collecting?

• Premium Format

Votes: 38 77.6%
  • Comiquette

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Maquette

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Agreed, their naming structure is definitely inconsistent.

I say lets drink to that :duff:

Well they now call any 1/4 scale whether fully sculpted or not Premium Format.

Then again it seems every statue SideShow makes is mixed media. Personally, not a big fan of mixed media. I'm guessing, well..., maybe it's not too bad but 3 years from now am I going to have to wash my PF Lara Croft's panties?

Thinking if dust really gets a chance to get into the fabric you're ****ed.

I know my friend bought a PF Captain America off ebay and his clothes were dirty so he returned it.

What is all this hype or whatever it is about mixed media? Why has SideShow chosen to go this path?

I'd also like to add that in the month of October I have bought 6 SideShow Comiquettes, paid flex pay for Arthas and Batman PF (excl of coarse!!!) and bought Deadpool Excl!!!!!). I am utterly ruined. I am selling an assload of stuff on ebay. Quick plug: 1/4 scale custom Batman 2 days left on ebay under my name

Yep especially since the fabric is glued onto the PFs, it's may be a sticky situation.... especially for the female PFs. At least with barbies you can wash them and put them back on.... umm or that what I hear.

It does all work with Comiquettes. All 1/5th scale (sans Spider-man), posters with excl, great bases and dynamic poses (imo), and all from the comics, and all fully sculpted

Coms are not immune to SSC crazy scale issues. Spider-man is not the only 1/4 scale Com. Silver Surfer, Namor, Venom, Iron Man, Carnage, and Rhino all are 1/4 scale Coms. They do not mix well with all of the other 1/5 scale Coms. SSC messed this all up from the word go. They should have made all of their Coms 1/4 scale from the start. It's obvious that most of their customers prefer 1/4 scale pieces. That's why they decided to call all 1/4 fully sculpted pieces PFs now.

From this point forward all Coms should be 1/5 scale. The problem is that SSC seems to be moving away from Coms. When was the last order for a 1/5 Com? I believe it was Ice Man. There have been no POs for any Coms since then in the Marvel line. Are they even making Coms anymore? What's the next Com going up for PO? Has any Coms been sneaked? Things are real quiet from SSC on the topic of Coms. I'm beginning to think SSC is ready to pull the plug on 1/5 scale Coms.

I'm really tempted to get into the cold cast bronze classics line. Looks great so far, low ES and no exclusive so I can pick them up from local retailers.

Wait a minute . . . you mean I don't have to collect them all . . . christ . . I've been doing this completely wrong . . .

Wait a minute . . . you mean I don't have to collect them all . . . christ . . I've been doing this completely wrong . . .

Not Pokemon *****. Collecting them all is a good idea though. Oh, think they should make Pokeman statues? SideShow Pikachu PF would go for a ****load! Jigglypuff 1/4 scale? 2 1/2 tall by 2 1/2 feet wide! Grail status baby!

I love mixed media so premium format and maquettes all the way for me. Although when some comiquettes are done well or to my liking I'd still get them. Like Spider-Man and silver surfer. Although a big reason why I probably have either of them is because they are 1/4 scale. Personally,I absolutely detest the 1/5th scale. It's not small enough that I can appreciate the details and not big enough to be impressive. To date I only have one 1/5th scale product and that is the latest boromir piece. The pose was just too epic, had to get it.

Oh and all jokes aside I will buy any format that looks awesome. Though I may tend to trend more to the 1/4 scale PFs then anything.

I'd go for something that's 1/4 scale, good sculpt, & a character i can relate to. 80% of my stats are premium format. Hate the dust and grime build up so i don't know how to maintain comic cap am and thor's fabric

Perhaps SideShow should do away the name tag maquette.

So from the movies:

The actors/actress that are NOT maquettes are
Chris Evans/Captain America
Scarlett Johansson/Black Widow
Chris Hemsworth/Thor

And from the movies these are maquettes:
Hulk
Iron man

wtf? This makes no sense.

And then Hawkeye is just a PF but its of the comic Hawkeye, comiquette? No, I think SideShow should fix some of these naming issues.

It does all work with Comiquettes. All 1/5th scale (sans Spider-man), posters with excl, great bases and dynamic poses (imo), and all from the comics, and all fully sculpted

Hulk and Iron Man are labeled as Maquettes because they're based on movies AND are made externally by the people who worked for those movies - namely, Legacy. Cap/Thor/BW are in-house Sideshow pieces, hence the PF tag.

Also Cap, BW, and Thor are all mixed media as well; and I don't think Iron Man or Hulk have any mixed media, and are just straight up sculpts.

Not Pokemon *****. Collecting them all is a good idea though. Oh, think they should make Pokeman statues? SideShow Pikachu PF would go for a ****load! Jigglypuff 1/4 scale? 2 1/2 tall by 2 1/2 feet wide! Grail status baby!

You may joke . . but I would buy a Jigglypuff PF . . .

. . it would need a button that when you press it plays the Jigglypuff song . . I would use it to go to sleep . . .

I've been impressed with the PF line ever since I received my first one. And from there nothing else has really measured up.

Hulk and Iron Man are labeled as Maquettes because they're based on movies AND are made externally by the people who worked for those movies - namely, Legacy. Cap/Thor/BW are in-house Sideshow pieces, hence the PF tag.

Then why is Galactus being released as a maquette? He sure didn't look like the sculpt in the FF movie. It's comic based, made in house, and doesn't carry the Legacy tag. I'm starting to think SSC is just making things up as they go.

Back