What do you prefer? Fully Sculpted or Mixed Media?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which statue format do you prefer?

• Fully-sculpted

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Mixed-media

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters

ChunkyZergling

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm going to have to go with fully-sculpted. There are so many great ones out there: Punisher comiquette, Arthas, Tychus Findly, Diablo 3 Overthrown, Deadpool (which surprisingly is fully sculpted, looks so much like real fabric), my custom grail Logan, Spider-man comiquette, eh listed enough

Last edited:
Re: What do you prefer? Fully-sculpted or Mixed Media?

Depends.

For Gandalf The Grey, I prefer the material.

For someone like Deadpool, fully sculpted looks better period. The cloth obscures the detail and simply does not deliver.

Re: What do you prefer? Fully-sculpted or Mixed Media?

I don't mind a cloth cape with a wire though.

For the prices we pay, mixed media seems to up the value for me personally. It seems like you are getting more out of it. Although with a lot of the superhero characters, I can see why they would go fully sculpted.

I think if you compare the sucker punch statues done by gentle giant to the ones done by sideshow, clearly you can see how much better the gentle giant ones look sculpted, you lose so much detail with cloth, it hides the sculpt underneath and all muscle tone is lost, plus I feel the cloth does not add to the realism of the scuplt, it almost looks like someone did a mod of the original sculpt by adding cloth.

Back