What line are you collecting: Comiquette, Premium Format, or Maquette?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Marvel line are you collecting?

• Premium Format

Votes: 38 77.6%
  • Comiquette

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Maquette

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
if you like it buy it...........simple answer for me. i could give a **** if its clothe, fully sculpted or 1/4,1/5 scale. if it's well done it's worth getting.:lecture

I prioritize PFs for myself, and I think the point of this thread was to just discuss the different lines and why we like them, but I couldn't agree more with this statement.

But I also think for those who either can't or don't want to spend a fortune on statues, narrowing down your focus beyond "it looks good so I'll get it regardless of scale and format" is important. There was a time I was getting anything I liked, and I felt the need to focus myself for several reasons. That decision was also based on space, and really just not wanting to get to the level where this is an obsession. No matter what, I want this to remain fun because I'm in this for the long term.

I was looking for the option that indicates, I collect from each line so long as the piece looks good and fits on my shelf. :wink1:

amazing comiquettes that I own:

Daredevil
Nightcrawler
Psylocke
Angel
Punisher
Iceman Excl
Spider-man
Colossus (PF might be >)

I like comiquettes because, yes they take up less space and 1/5th scale is big enough for me. Also the bases are fabulous for most every comiquette. PF no so much. Better poses too. No me gusta Hulk Comiquette though.

i collect any scale, any type, any material, any license. As long as the paint quality + sculpt/pose is there.

Even the character doesnt matter as much, for example i am not a big fan of any of those characters but their statues are some of my favorites because of the quality, paint, and sculpt.

conan prize
arh leonidas bloodrage
arh barbarian bloodbath
lara croft pf
punisher comiq
etc...

I've got the Colossus Com and although the face and pose can be a little odd at certain angles, overall it's excellent. The costume is fantastic and paint and sculpting spot on.

I've got the Colossus Com and although the face and pose can be a little odd at certain angles, overall it's excellent. The costume is fantastic and paint and sculpting spot on.

The ridiculous lines in his face is really the only bad aspect of the statue. Otherwise I really like it. Would have been better as a 1/4 piece as well. However, overall I do like the piece. I honestly don't like the PF. Pose is boring, he's legs are too skinny, and the mego doll outfit is awful IMHO. As much as people knock the Com, it is sold out and has been for awhile. Obviously there were many peeps that like the statue.

Last edited:
Beast is great. Prefer the classic 90's look, but the com is very cool (and heavy too). Nice details, great sculpt and would look nice next to Angel, Colossus, Iceman and Nightcrawler.
Don't own him anymore, because I decided to drop this line, but if you can get it at a decent price I think you should.

There should be a choice of mixed formats or more than one selection. I think many people on here collect many formats.

For instance if you just collected Marvel maquettes you would be missing the movie premium formats.

There should be a choice of mixed formats or more than one selection. I think many people on here collect many formats.

For instance if you just collected Marvel maquettes you would be missing the movie premium formats.

Aren't the movie statues of the actors considered maquettes? They are statues of the actors from the movies. Maquette? I'd think so.

Some diorama's are actually comiquettes. Planet Hulk diorama is actually the exact cover from one of the comics that make up the graphic novel Planet Hulk.

Either way you would be getting a PF or maquette and disqualify you from the other category due to Sideshow's nametag.

Hence the confusion.

Either way you would be getting a PF or maquette and disqualify you from the other category due to Sideshow's nametag.

Hence the confusion.

Perhaps SideShow should do away the name tag maquette.

So from the movies:

The actors/actress that are NOT maquettes are
Chris Evans/Captain America
Scarlett Johansson/Black Widow
Chris Hemsworth/Thor

And from the movies these are maquettes:
Hulk
Iron man

wtf? This makes no sense.

And then Hawkeye is just a PF but its of the comic Hawkeye, comiquette? No, I think SideShow should fix some of these naming issues.

It does all work with Comiquettes. All 1/5th scale (sans Spider-man), posters with excl, great bases and dynamic poses (imo), and all from the comics, and all fully sculpted

Back