what kind of music are you into?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you guys would hear some of the underground Hip-Hop I listen to you might like it. I'm more than sure that what you guys are referring to is radio crap and I probably hate it more than you guys do. I hate that what is played on the radio so widely represents what you guys know to be 'rap', 'cause it's not, those guys have no talent whatsoever.

As for my musical preferences: Hip-Hop (of course), Rock, R&B, Jazz & Blues, Classical, Electronic. Pretty much everything except country and Reagetton I ^^^^ing HATE IT!!! :monkey4

Damn I thought you liked Grandpa Jones.:lol

I listen to mostly Country and 60's 70's and 80's rock but I refuse to listen to the newer country music and rap.

I listen to different types of music as long as it sounds good to me.

Some of my favorites are...Foo Fighters, Oasis, Green Day, Metallica, Korn, Smashing Pumpkins, Johnny Cash, Lenny Kravitz, The Beatles, Led Zepplin, Van Halen, Saliva, Pink Floyd, Linkin Park, Evanescence and many more.

When I build model kits I listen and enjoy Classical music. Never thought I would but a music teacher opend my mind. :cool:

If you guys would hear some of the underground Hip-Hop I listen to you might like it. I'm more than sure that what you guys are referring to is radio crap and I probably hate it more than you guys do. I hate that what is played on the radio so widely represents what you guys know to be 'rap', 'cause it's not, those guys have no talent whatsoever.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I listen to Hip-Hop (the real s^^t like Ill), R-n-B, old school soul, 70's rock, Johnny Cash, Jazz, Blues, Funk.

Some of my favorites are Wu-Tang Clan (Anything Wu or Wu related), Nas, Little Brother, MF Doom, The Roots, Big Daddy Kane, Black Moon, Sean Price, Gang Starr, Murs, Outkast, Ice Cube, Alicia Keys, John Legend, Marvin Gaye, Miles Davis, Billy Holliday, Duke Ellington, The Beatles, Johnny Cash, The Temptations, Barry White, Ray Charles, Jimmy Hendrix....

Damn I thought you liked Grandpa Jones.:lol

I listen to mostly Country and 60's 70's and 80's rock but I refuse to listen to the newer country music and rap.

Kain bump's this everyday, the greatest country album EVER :D

Shania-Twain-Come-On-Over-132105.jpg

I like a lot of music... my non-interests (similar to Pix) are rap/hip-hop, pop ^^^^ on the radio and modern country and really hard throaty stuff.

Past that it's pretty much all good... love Jazz and rock, bluegrass, classical, etc.

i love metal. power metal like blind guardian, iced earth, and brainstorm. death metal like amon amarth, dark tranquillity, opeth, and arch enemy. black/goth metal like cradle of filth(early CoF not that new sound BS that the goth kiddies all cling to:rolleyes:), emperor, immortal, Dimmu borgir. i also like classic metal like maiden, megadeth, metallica, ozzy, and dio. and also classic rock. if its rock and roll related i'll probably like it. absolutely cant stand rap, country, and anything related to american idol(karaoke hour:rolleyes:)

Nightwish (new/old), Within Temptation, Dream Theater, Journey, Heart, Hans Zimmer, Radiohead, Muse, Santogold, Sonata Arctica, Lacuna Coil, Stan Bush, Yoav, Yanni, Yngwie Malmsteen, Scorpions, Rush, Inkubus Sukkubus, Priscilla Hernandez, Ayreon, Avantasia.....

I could easily listen to anything and like it EXCEPT country and recently rap. I use to love rap music but i've found that its the most pointless crap to actually listen to. Good beat or not its a waste of brain cells, there that and also the rappers that rap about how hard life is, make it BIG and can't stop being retarded.

As of late (last 2 years) i'm really big into movie scores, all kinds, Braveheart, Platoon, TDK, BB, Rambo IV, etc. I guess i'm just sick of listening to people talk :D so I listen to the actual music.

Oh yeah Electronica rocks too!

I recommend to anyone that hasn't already to work in a music store sometime in your lifetime. Probably the best job ever (I was 18 at the time, so that helped...lol). Anyways, went in listening to nothing but rap. Left the job with a totally different insight to music. I listen to pretty much anything and everything now. When you become open minded of the different types of music offered, you'll find that your tastes can change, and will change. I'm not much on rap anymore unless its old school stuff (stuff from mid to late 90's...thats old school for me). I honestly don't have a favorite right now. 70's and 80's rock usually stays on at the office. My ringtone is set to "Bodies" by Drowning Pool. I do like some of the heavier rock as well such as Mudvayne, Slipknot, Disturbed, etc.

Punk ^^^^ing rock!!! duh

Give me some good hard punk and it'll lift my spirits no matter what. I can find any kind of solace in music no matter how I'm feeling. I couldn't even begin to describe the effect music has had on me as it's helped me through some really tough times.

Punk, ska, rockabilly, rock, old school hip hop (Run DMC), reggae

Anything ska/punk is right up my alley though

"When I got the music, I gotta place to go" :rock

Have a passion for music :cool: and i'm pretty much open to anything that does it for me and it doesnt matter if i cant stand the artist.

Last edited:
I love Rock... a little bit of every sub genre of Rock.. mostly Hard Rock and Punk. Sometimes I want a melody, sometimes I want my brain to rattle in my skull. :rock:rock:rock

I have a few Rap or R&B CD's, but not much... I'm picky there.

No Country at all, unless you count Johnny Cash... And some Classical too, especially Piano sonatas.

Nightwish (new/old), Within Temptation, Dream Theater, Journey, Heart, Hans Zimmer, Radiohead, Muse, Santogold, Sonata Arctica, Lacuna Coil, Stan Bush, Yoav, Yanni, Yngwie Malmsteen, Scorpions, Rush, Inkubus Sukkubus, Priscilla Hernandez, Ayreon, Avantasia.....

Have you ever heard Pain of Salvation?

lately, all i've been listening to is Trance, Peter Gabriel, Bollywood, Pink Floyd and Nine Inch Nails... oh and the Dark Knight soundtrack.

Punk ^^^^ing rock!!! duh

Give me some good hard punk and it'll lift my spirits no matter what. I can find any kind of solace in music no matter how I'm feeling. I couldn't even begin to describe the effect music has had on me as it's helped me through some really tough times.

Punk, ska, rockabilly, rock, old school hip hop (Run DMC), reggae

Anything ska/punk is right up my alley though

"When I got the music, I gotta place to go" :rock

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

that ^^^^s WAAAAYYYY to light ....... Wu would eat it up and spit it out ...... :gun

Tue, but you gotta give props to the originators. Who knows where Hip-Hop would be if it whern't for Run-DMC.

Have you heard the one Wu-Tang did over Sucker MC's? RZA. Meth and Ol' Dirty over one of the greatest beats in history rock :rock :rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAbXSrWIL2Q

Back