What items do you intend to keep MISB?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently I have nothing MISB, if I ever came across something super rare than I would definitely keep it MISB but only with the intent to sell it for profit. I really don't have any interest in keeping anything that I can't physically see and enjoy in all of its glory.

If I don't have a place for an item I keep boxed. Like the Neca TMNT boxset. I'd rather just leave them in the box than pull them out and let them collect dust. Also I have a DCD 6" Rorschach that I keep mib because it's likely the only Rorschach we'll ever see in that scale. Stuff like that, nothing 1/6 though.

I remembered that I do have one 12" figure I've never opened- The Creature from the Black Lagoon signed by Oluf.

The only figures I keep MISB, are the ones that I plan to resell later - which is practically all of my collection :lol. Practically everything that I have is MISB (from my old Transformers, to my Metal Gear Solid figures, etc).

Of course, I do open all of my 1/6 figures (I don't plan on selling those). But after opening, the figures go immediately in an air-tight glass display cabinet.

-Wolf regular version from AVP Requiem:I have one displayed with some items like head with open mouth,medikit,base from medikit version purchased on Ebay and the other will keep MIB
-She predator Machiko:I have 2,one displayed and the other keep MIB

Until I leave or find space to display the following figures:

-Hottoys James Dean Red Jacket version MIB
-Medicom SS Gokou MIB
-Hottoys regular Terminator Endoskeleton MIB
-Hottoys the spirit: The Octopus:.MIB
-Hottoys Harvey Dent..MIB
-Hottoys The Joker Bank Robbery version MIB
-Hottoys Deunan Knute,Briareros and Tereus..all are MIB
-Hottoys Post Transformation Krauser

Non sideshow related my Mcfarlane Motley Crue box set, its dead mint and i want to send it away to AFA when i can save a bit of cash to get it graded.

apart from that not much, i have the 2 SS Fox Mulder EX's still sealed, havent wanted to take them out yet, but i dont know how much longer i can not do it :monkey5

Yeah, never leave anything boxed, part of the joy of buying collectibles is rubbing them on my balls. Its a tradtion.

Yeah, never leave anything boxed, part of the joy of buying collectibles is rubbing them on my balls. Its a tradtion.

You have to mark your territory somewhere. I'll keep this in mind when buying used figs from you in the future.

Lol never a wiser word written, I like that fresh new smell you get with a Medicom Box

Imagine the same from the darkness, oh the horror !

I don't have anything boxed because I want it boxed. I'd prefer having all my items displayed but lack of space for display makes me keep them in their original box for now. hopefully this will change later this year after moving to the new house.

I always thought both toys and also higher collectibles are made to play or look at/admire. The boxes are just to protect them in transit or something like that. If someone doesn't agree please send me all your figures and statues and you keep the original boxes LOL :D

Nothing. I recently de-boxed a Toys McCoy Indy and ripped the head off so I could put it on a Hasbro Talking Indy and have a talking Indy with a great HS!

In threads like these, I always miss ... tolerance! Is it so hard to stand up for YOUR point of view, and except the other person's point of view? Is that really so hard? Some like to keep their toys in the box for one reason or an other, and some can't wait to get their gooey... tacky... clammy... sticky hands (or worse!!!) all over the thing!
I do with my collectibles as I please. They are mine. Some I open, but most I keep in box until I have found an ideal spot for them. That can take a while. I think I still have some toys that I've bought 15 years ago and have never taken out of their box.
There's one thing I'm very sure off though. Every time I have the choice between buying an loose, displayed and maybe even boxless item, and a MISB one, the decision is swiftly made! With the new swine/Mexican flu and all - I don't know which designation is politically correct - better don't take chances! (insert tongue-in-cheek smiley)

Only things I've ever kept MISB is a bunch of 3 3/4" SW figs, mostly the Ralph McQuarrie concept ones, but anyting 1/6 is straight outa the box. I only have a few 'doubles' but even then I tend to open them.

Back