What items do you intend to keep MISB?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ck1

Super Freak
Reaction score
I thought I would start a thread on this taboo subject as Im curious to know who is keeping what in MISB and perhaps reasons why?

Newer stuff:

ex SS stormtrooper (going to keep all the ex MISB troopers and display the regulars, if i really like an ex like the forthcoming sandy then will display the ex and keep an ex MISB and not bother with the regulars)

HT Batpod (yet to purchase a Bats)

BD ED-209 (have the original on display)

SS Scar BIO (waiting for the celtic and chopper to show up)

HT Aliens Snap kits and Kubrick series Alien

Each of the Aoshima dropships (grey, black, and 01 - display 02)

Older stuff that I picked up recently:

Galoob Actionfleet Aliens dropship, apc, narcissus (nostalgia more then anything)

Halycon APC & powerloader

IF i ever get round to getting the Sonic figures made by Tomy i would keep them MISB.

Only flipper's keep their stuff in the box..:D
That's like buying a ferrari and never driving it, whats the point:confused:
I like to enjoy my collectables and have them on display for all to see,
its better than looking at a box.

Nothing. I like to enjoy my collectibles, keeping them in box to me seems to serve no purpose in getting it in the first place. If one intends to wait to resell it later for a higher price is the only plausible reason to do it.

I just don't see the point in keeping our type of items in the package. They are meant to be displayed. Why get $300 statue or $150 12" figure and not display them as they were meant to be. Might as well download a picture and tape it to a box if you aren't going to open.

:dunno

I MAY keep the crimson SDCC Cobra Commander MISB... Unless I find that it would display well with one or two Crimson Guards (assuming they make them!).

My Mcfarlane Halloween dio box set
Thats it I think.

are you sure it´s from mcfarlane?

I thought only neca had some diorama´s from Halloween.
(for example The Night He Came Home Halloween Boxed Set with dr loomis)

I've only got 2 items that I haven't opened:

1) LJN V visitor figure- not a great quality figure since he's from the 80's, but still cool looking and I like the way the packaging looks.

2) Voltron I (vehicle version) in the Land, Air and Space configurations. I bought it sealed, and never had the heart to open it. But I think I will now.

To be honest the majority of my collection is all packed up, some never displayed and has been for over 3 years.
Including a Doom Exc PF :horror

I have got new items but they have just go in the cuboard too.

The main reason for that though is I have not been able to display them.
Now I have finally moved to a place where I can settle I can sort out display options. I have a small LOTR display right now and the only reason I will be keeping Samwise in his box is I don't collect 1/6, the only reason I bought it was because its Sam and I wanted him to go on my Samwise shelf along with my Weta pieces. So he will never be removed from his SS box.

The rest and majority of my collection, who knows, maybe one day I will get a display together :dunno :lol
x :peace

Last edited:
Only flipper's keep their stuff in the box..:D
That's like buying a ferrari and never driving it, whats the point:confused:
I like to enjoy my collectables and have them on display for all to see,
its better than looking at a box.

Nothing. I like to enjoy my collectibles, keeping them in box to me seems to serve no purpose in getting it in the first place. If one intends to wait to resell it later for a higher price is the only plausible reason to do it.

I just don't see the point in keeping our type of items in the package. They are meant to be displayed. Why get $300 statue or $150 12" figure and not display them as they were meant to be. Might as well download a picture and tape it to a box if you aren't going to open.

:dunno

To be honest the majority of my collection is all packed up, some never displayed and has been for over 3 years.
Including a Doom Exc PF :horror

I have got new items but they have just go in the cuboard too.

The main reason for that though is I have not been able to display them.
Now I have finally moved to a place where I can settle I can sort out display options. I have a small LOTR display right now and the only reason I will be keeping Samwise in his box is I don't collect 1/6, the only reason I bought it was because its Sam and I wanted him to go on my Samwise shelf along with my Weta pieces. So he will never be removed from his SS box.

The rest and majority of my collection, who knows, maybe one day I will get a display together :dunno :lol
x :peace

Yup, I am with all these guys above.:duff

My entire Dead collection is MISB as is my Vlad Exclusive. As is my GDT signed Pan's bust.

Why?

The Pan bust to protect it.
The figures are because it is extremely dusty where I live. Also, being in a 1 bedroom apartment I have limited space. My 2 display cases are filled with polystone, which is my first love.
Plus, because you guys take such awesome photographs of the figures in poses I could never improve upon, I don't need to take them out!

:D

The only things I have MISB that I intend to keep MISB are some original vintage "Star Wars" figures & vehicles from the 70's & 80's.

I don't see how it makes sense (at all) to purchase new 1:6 figures and statues and keep them MISB. :huh

Just my 3 3/4" 25th Anni Joes and my Takara Transformers. Everything else gets opened! (Busts, statues, 12"+ figures)

I open up every 1/6 figure I get. I do have some smaller vintage figures on the blister card that will remain that way.

Back