What is your rarest/most valuable collectors item?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funny-hilarious-cars-25.jpg

Chris

For me, its my complete set of the McFarlane Halo Wars series 2 heroics set! It was cancelled and only a few factory sets were released out of China. Its one of my grail pieces!

Mine is probably the Joker PF.

I know it's not rare but it's the most valuable piece in my collection & the only item to ever make me pay £300 for.

Other than that I'd guess that maybe my 2 Soundwave mini busts neither are worth much more than I paid for them I expect but they seem pretty rare these days...

085.jpg

SoundBlasterStatue003.jpg

SoundBlasterStatue007.jpg

SoundBlasterStatue006.jpg

Can't find any on Ebay at the moment but that doesn't mean they are worth much ;) lol

Neil

Probably my michael burnett lifesize vader... ed size 500--mine was screen used in "the benchwarmers"

Aside from that, maybe my cm vader since they are limiting it to 300.

And perhaps my eFx ralph mcquarrie signed vader helmet ltd to 250 --I think.

Or my sano sculpted A L I E N from roswell-- 200 pcs i think.

As a statue it is not so rare, but since David Prowse signed it the statue became one of my rarest possessions.

impressivev.jpg

If not for this it would be my two mogwais done by Roncula.

Mine is/was a fairly common thing... but to have a full set, especially in the US is very unusual. At least among collectors I'm aware of I'm one of only a handful of every non-US released M.U.S.C.L.E. figure (aka Kinnikuman).

The collection took me over 10 years to assemble and quite literally is 3K or so collection on a bad day. I've never seen one sell as a whole, but some of the figures from the last series can fetch $50-$100+ when the sell on Yahoo Japan's auction site. If there is one item I can grab if the house is on fire this is it... anything else I know I could rebuy with a bit of work; I honestly don't think I could ever reinvest the time to complete this damn set again :lol

They're the one's in the middle/gumball machine
kinnikumanps.jpg

Not Sideshow's, but my "Gobler" Idol and unknown one of a kind headpiece, real bronze, (not Acme's gold plated)
real accurate crystal.

indy3.jpg

Mine is/was a fairly common thing... but to have a full set, especially in the US is very unusual. At least among collectors I'm aware of I'm one of only a handful of every non-US released M.U.S.C.L.E. figure (aka Kinnikuman).

The collection took me over 10 years to assemble and quite literally is 3K or so collection on a bad day. I've never seen one sell as a whole, but some of the figures from the last series can fetch $50-$100+ when the sell on Yahoo Japan's auction site. If there is one item I can grab if the house is on fire this is it... anything else I know I could rebuy with a bit of work; I honestly don't think I could ever reinvest the time to complete this damn set again :lol

They're the one's in the middle/gumball machine
kinnikumanps.jpg

Awesome collection well done on getting them all.

I used to love these as a kid & me & my brother both had quite a collection but they went in the bin when we were clearing out years & years ago long before teh web & we knew anything would be worth money :(

Neil

Yeah, these guys were really throw away toys for a lot of people... at least in the US when they where they were known as M.U.S.C.L.E. (I think the UK may have had different name) there was no cartoon tie-in and they were like 4 for a $1; so no one really cared too much if they got tossed :lol

In addition the Japanese ones I also have a full set of the US figures in the original pink color, and full set of all mixed colors (the jars on either side). I completed both of those long before I finished the Japanese collection.

Very nice Galactic Boy. I was a huge fan of these as a kid. I've been looking for one of the unopened muscle cans for a while. The multicolor are pretty easy to come by but I want an all pink, sealed trash can of figures.

jesus

I remember those things :lol

Of course you do :rock

Very nice Galactic Boy. I was a huge fan of these as a kid. I've been looking for one of the unopened muscle cans for a while. The multicolor are pretty easy to come by but I want an all pink, sealed trash can of figures.

Well, not to rub it in...

Pink, All Colored and 50/50 mix Sealed Trash Cans:
kinnikumanpsb.jpg

And just because...
Pink, All Colored and 50/50 mix Sealed 4-packs:

kinnikumanpsc.jpg

I also have a sealed ring, the championship belt, the board game and a Terri-Bull in a nesltle quick baggie. The only thing I don't have are the 28 packs, while I would like a set of them the cost is pretty crazy on them and it's hard to know for sure if the set is sealed or not.

Certainly not the most expensive, or worth the most, but probably the rarest piece I have would likely be Bev Gilroy's Conan maquette based on the art of Bruce Timm.

It was set for a run of twenty, but if I recall correctly I believe that only the first batch of ten were done due to lack of collector interest at the time (and it was also a bit expensive to be honest). Still one of my favourite pieces though.

Not my pics:

brucetim-conan1.jpg

589915bruce_timm_conan_statue_copie.jpg

Last edited:
Back