What is your "least" favorite collectible?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this...all of mine have been in boxes for years

You know I have found that having my hasbro 3.75" star wars figures (and some of the vehicles) in a big tub and allowing my nieces and nephews to play with them has gone a long way to keeping them out of the cabinets of medicom, sideshow, 3a, vintage, and HT...and that dear friends is a very good thing indeed...

Last edited:
You know I have found that having my hasbro 3.75" star wars figures (and some of the vehicles) in a big tub and allowing my nieces and nephews to play with them has gone a long way to keeping them out of the cabinets of medicom, sideshow, 3a, vintage, and HT...and that dear friends is a very good thing indeed...

Insurance! :lol

They did later releases with smaller packaging. They where all metallic though which I hate for Eva so I avoided them.

Same here, hated the metallic finish. I got one by accident early and had to rebuy the first release. But the figures were really well designed... I remember being amazed by how well articulated they were.

Perhaps their Marvel Legends line?

Hasbro destroyed that line... there wasn't much gas left in the tank by the time they took over. But their figures were crap by comparison to what Toybiz did.

I gave all my SW 3.75 stuff to my kids. Now it bores them too. It's nice to bond over our mutual boredom.

:lol :lol :lol

You know, when I answered this, I went straight for a PF. Let me show you my least favorite collectible....

20101.jpg

scary stuff huh?

Hasbro destroyed that line... there wasn't much gas left in the tank by the time they took over. But their figures were crap by comparison to what Toybiz did.

I disagree to a point. The articulation may have slightly reduced (stupid elbros) but Hasbro made far higher quality figures. Toybiz's Marvel Legends were fraught with QC problems. Loose joints, poor paint apps (I have a Captain Marvel where half his face isn't even painted,) arms and legs that would be horribly bent by the packaging, etc. Oh and let's not forget the infamous Iceman. Pretty much every person that has ever owned that figure has had it break on them in the exact same place. Hasbro's figures might have lost a little in the articulation and paint department, but at least the articulation that was there was tight and useful, and the paint apps, while fewer, were cleaner and more consistently applied.

Back